*6*

RECAP
-----------------------------------------------------------
Once I reach home, I walk in the and see mom in the kitchen making something. "Mom we need to talk." I say
I know honey, I'm sorry that I pushed you to go to therapy." My mom says.
"No mom! NOT about that."
I got straight to the piont. "who is Jake Gyllen?" I ask
I see her face pale and she swears under her breath. Why?" she asks nervously.
"I just talked to him mom and I think you lied to me." I say trying not to yell at her.
She swears again and says.
"WE need to talk."
-----------------------------------------------------------

"Now when I tell you this you cant go running off, ok?" My mom asks me.

I dont know what she is going to tell me so I just respond with "fine."

She looks really weird right now as she is just staring in my eyes. I see her mouth moving slowy as I here what she says. It was just four words, four simple words that she said to me that felt like I just got stabbed.

"He isn't your father."

I see her trying to see what I do. She is watching me closely and I just stare right back at her. I can't take it anymore and blurt everything out that has been circling in my mind the past 3 minutes we have been standing here.
"Why mom, whyyy!?"
"Who the hell is my father then?"
"Why did you lie to me my entire life?"
I keep continuing my questions so that she cant reply yet.
Why is he dead?" Who killed him?" Did he know that he wasn't my father?"
I am out of breath. I just want to let out all the emotions that are building inside me right now. But I dont want to do it in front of mom.

Its like she read my mind or she can tell by my face expression that I didnt want to hear her response.
"Skyler, why dont we go sit in the living room and I will answer your questions." She says walking over to the couch and sitting.
I follow her and listen to what she has to say.
"I dont know what Jake said to you but, The guy that killed your father is your real dad." I see her waiting for my reaction. I dont give her one so she continues.
"Your real father's name is Kevin."
"Once I gave birth to you, Kevin went to jail and that's when I met your  father. "We married, and 2 years afterwards, kevin got out of jail.
He kept coming and wanting to take you away with him. "I never let him because he was not a very good person. "I promise you that is all I know. And the reason that I assumed kevin killed him was because that was Kevin's house he was at, the time that he died." She says to me. "I never told you about it, was because I was waiting for the right time to do it. I just wanted you to believe that he was your father."  Just so you know he is your father, he adopted you."

I dont know what to think right now and it doesn't help that my emotions are mixed. I just want to curl in bed and forget that any of this ever happened.
The only thing I say is. "I am going to bed now I have school and the race tomarow."
She knows I dont like to express my feelings, so she does is nod her head.

I quickly take a shower, brush my teeth, I put on some comfy pajamas on and jump in my bed exhausted.
I dont think, I dont want to, so I take some sleeping pills and fall asleep.