Chapter 12

Imagine Shiro's surprise, when he walks into his house expecting yelling and airborne sharp objects, but instead finds two boys cuddling on the couch, both fast asleep.

He nearly walked out of the house think that he got his own address wrong.

"No, I'm telling you Adam, it's the kid he's hated since they were in kindergarten!" There was a pause. "Yes, that one!" Another pause. "Mhm, they're both completely passed out on the couch." Pause. "Sure, if you don't believe me. Besides I'm sure Keith misses you. He's always liked you more than me." Shiro said with a playful eye roll.

Twenty minutes later Adam was quietly walking into the house. His eyes widened a fraction when he realized that his boyfriend hadn't been lying earlier. "Holy shit." He whispered to Shiro.

"Language." Shiro said, dad mode still activated seeing as there were children in the general vicinity.

"C'mon, they're asleep!" Adam said, pointing to the two passed out teens. "But what exactly do we do now? Their asleep." He said two seconds later, knowing he wasn't gonna win that argument.

"No clue. Wanna get some food?" Shiro asked. They hadn't been on a date or really even seen each other, in a while. They both had hectic work schedules, so it wasn't that much of a shock.

Adam was already walking to the door while responding, "Thought you'd never ask Takashi."

The sound of a car pulling out of the drive way was what had awoken Keith. That and the fact that Lance had started to squirm on top of him. He looked like he was in pain, taking gasping breaths of air, like the oxygen just wasn't enough anymore.

"No...can't breath....Marco..." Were the only words Keith could make out of his unconscious mumbling. He had zero clue what any of it really meant, but he knew that Lance must be having  a nightmare, which was probably why he didn't want to go to sleep in the first place.

"Hey, Lance. Lance, wake up." Keith said gently, while nudging him. He didn't want to be to forceful or sudden and scare him even more than he already was going to be, when he woke up.

The other boy didn't seem to be able to hear Keith, making him try more frantically to wake him up. The nightmare seemed to be getting worse. "Lance! C'mon wake up. It's just a dream!" Keith said, shaking him a little harder this time.

Lance woke up with a gasp and tears streaming down his face. He was frantically looking around, not recognizing where he was. He didn't calm down until Keith grabbed his head and stilled his movements.

"Hey, hey, hey, you're okay, see? It's just me. You're okay." He said in an attempt to put the other boy at ease. He still had no clue what he was doing, but he was gonna try god damn it.

Once Lance finally seemed to take in his surroundings, he clutched onto Keith's tshirt. There was no point trying to hide his nightmares from the shorter boy at that point, he had already witnessed the affects first hand. Lance was throwing caution to the wind and trying to soak up the comfort for as long as he was able to.

Keith understood that whatever Lance had dreamed about had really shaken him up. He wrapped his arms around his waist, holding him close to his chest. "Do you wanna stay on the couch or go upstairs?" Keith asked, noticing that it was now dark out and probably pretty late.

Lance's only response was to grip Keith's shirt tighter.

Taking it as a sign that Lance didn't want to be alone at the moment, Keith offered up a solution. "My bed can fit both of us." He pointed out, silently cringing at how suggestive it sounded when he said it.