Chapter 18

"This is the part where you kill me, right?" Lance asked as he followed Keith out of his jeep. They had just pulled up to a patch of public forest not far out of the city. Lance had been there a few times with his family, when he was younger and his parents were on an 'outdoors kick'.

"Yup, you've caught on. The whole reason I've gotten closer to was so I could lure you out into the woods on a fake date and off you." Keith said with a lazy grin aimed at the slightly taller boy.

Lance stopped in his tracks for a second, "Wait, seriously?" He asked in disbelief.

Keith doubled over in laughter, although he was slightly offended Lance thought that little of him. "Jesus no, I was messing with you. Trust me, I would not have put in all that effort to help you out if I was just planning on kill you now." Keith said with a shrug.

"You say that like you've contemplated homicide before." Lance piped up, following after Keith as he led him through the wide path in the woods. The sun had already started to go down, but seeing as it was a public forest, the path was lined with lights to help guide them.

Keith shot him a look, one brow raised, "And you haven't?" He asked.

Lance grunted while they walked, "No Keith, I'm a normal human."

Keith shot him a wicked smile. "Oh really? So you've never wanted to kill me before? Not even after I put glue in your shampoo?"

Crossing his arms and turning his nose up, Lance retaliated. "Ok so I've thought about it, but not seriously!" He argued.

Keith laughed again. "And you think I have? I'm not crazy, hot headed- maybe, but completely sane."

Lance huffed in irritation. "You scared me there for a second Kogane. Not cool dude."

"You know, I'm a little hurt that you'd actually believe that." Keith admitted, but his tone was still light and joking.

"I was playing along, don't be a baby." Lance said, nudging Keith's shoulder with his own, earning a small smile in return. Keith's small, sincere smiles never failed to make Lance's heart beat pick up speed.

'I'm to gay for this.' Lance thought to himself.

"So where exactly are we going?" Lance asked after clearing his throat and pulling himself out of his own thoughts.

His eyes shot wide as Keith gripped his hand and pulled him off the trail. The other boy seemed overly excited for a second, before he willed himself to calm down and but his calm and collected mask back on.

"This is where we're going." Keith said, seeming proud of himself for his 'memorable' first date location.

The "where" he was referring to, was a small clearing in the woods. The grass wasn't so long that it got in the way, but it wasn't patchy and scarce. There were trees lining the entire area, their branches falling over most of the clearing, except for the very center, where there was a clear view of the night sky. Under that perfect view, sat a blanket with lanterns surrounding it. A picnic basket was placed on it, containing what Lance could only guess was food.

"Wow mullet, you weren't kidding when you said memorable." Lance breathed out, taking in the entire sight.

Keith gently tugged him forward, seeing as he was a bit preoccupied with looking around. "Did you think I was bluffing or something?" Keith asked with a cocky smirk.

They reached the blanket and each took a seat. Lance finally turned his full attention to the boy who had dragged him all the way out there. "Not in the slightest, you're not a big bluffing type of guy. I just didn't think you'd..." Lance trailed off, glancing away in slight embarrassment.