Chapter 17

"I'm glad you finally decided to pull your head out of your ass and talk to us." Pidge grumbled through the phone as they rolled over in their bed. Lance had decided to video chat with Pidge and Hunk, seeing as he really wasn't mad at them.

"Yeah, sorry about that." Lance said sheepishly, knowing that he was the one in the wrong and being willing to accept it and move on.

"It's all good buddy, we get it." Hunk said in a reassuring tone, as always.

"I get no such thing." Pidge interjected, slightly raising their hand in the air.

"Pidge leave him alone, you know this couldn't have been easy for him. I know it wouldn't for you." Hunk shot back, just wanting all of his friends to get along again.

"Yeah, yeah whatever. Anyways, lover boy, how'd the date go Friday night?" Pidge asked while smirking at the phone.

"You had a date?!" Hunk asked in astonishment.

"Don't act so surprised, really dude." Lance said, holding a hand over his heart from his friend's lack of faith.

"It still doesn't count as a date, but nice try!" Keith yelled from the bathroom.

"I recall-" Lance started to yell back, about to bring up the kiss again.

"I swear to god McClain, if you say something about my tongue down your throat again, I'm not taking you on an actual date!" Keith said, cutting off Lance's reasoning.

"You're date was with Keith?!"

"You two kissed?!"

His two friends were shocked for different reasons, seeing as one of them had more information on the subject than the other.

Before Lance could respond, Keith came back into the room, hair still dripping wet from the shower he had just taken. He plopped himself down behind Lance on the bed, now visible in the video call. "I was losing at lazar tag and I was despite for a way to distract him." He said, wrapping an arm around the boy he was kind of dating and resting his head on his shoulder.

"Hunk, you owe me twenty bucks! I told you they totally had the hots for each other!" Pidge yelled through the phone.

Hunk groaned as he realized that Pidge was right. "C'mon buddy, I had more faith in you than this." Hunk said, slightly disappointed at the fact he lost twenty bucks, but still happy that his friend was happy.

"I'm sorry?...." Lance offered, not exactly knowing how it was his fault. "Next, maybe don't bet on my love life?"

"I was actually betting on your seething hatred you had about a week ago, but apparently that was fleeting after twelve years." Hunk said back.

"You know, actual sleep and cuddles work wonders for petty feuds." Lance said with a shrug and he leaned back into Keith's chest.

"I have to go you know." Keith said, turning slightly so he could look at Lance.

"Do you really? How long does it take to set up a date?" He whined back, not wanting his pillow to leave.

"Memorable is what we're aiming for here. It'll take a little while." Keith said with a shrug.

"Or you could scrap that idea and just cuddle all day?" Lance said with puppy dog eyes.

"You two are sickening. Can't you burn down another theater and be done with it?" Pidge asked, but secretly shipping it with their entire small being.

"Shush Pidge, we both know you've had Klance shirts made since freshman year." Hunk teased.

Their face lit up. "Oh my god, I forgot about those!" They cheered, quickly going to their closet and digging through it to find the shirts.