Chapter 16

"I have been stuck in that house way to often this week. Can't we go somewhere or do something?" Lance whined as they climbed back into Keith jeep.

"Lance, we have-" Keith stopped himself when he saw the puppy dog eyes Lance was currently giving him. He groaned as he started the car. "Fine, but I get to pick where we're going."

"I can live with that." Lance said with a smile and a nod. He just got so bored so easily. He was dying for a change of scenery.

"So, where're we going?" Lance asked as they started their journey down the various roads of their home city.

"You'll see." Keith said with a mischievous grin. He wasn't sure how often Lance went out and did stuff with friends, but he was hoping it was a small amount of times. He had a really great idea that he thought the other boy would love, but he was worried Lance had already gone and it wouldn't be as fun.

About ten minutes later, they pulled up to a building with a bright and colorful sign. "Lazar tag?! Are you serious right now mullet?" Lance asked, slightly bouncing in his seat from excitement.

Keith let out a small chuckle at his reaction while turning the car off and nodding. "There's also an arcade attached, so we can hang out there while we wait for games." He explained.

"Let's go then!" Lance nearly fell out of the car in his haste to get out.

Keith's loud laugher could be heard throughout the dark parking lot as he watched Lance stumble and narrowly catch himself. "Smooth McClain, smooth." He teased.

"Yeah, yeah whatever." Lance said with an eye roll. "Just wait until we get in there, I'm gonna absolutely demolish you at lazar tag." He said with a cocky smirk.

Keith wore a matching expression. "I'd love to see you try."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Fuck off Lance!" Keith yelled at the laughing boy, who had just shot him for the third time that round. Keith was losing patience quickly. When had Lance had the time to become a god at lazar tag?

"I told you I'd demolish you!" He said before disappearing in the dark arena that was only lit by glow in the dark paint and black lights.

They were in a free for all battle and they both refused to team up the first round, wanting to see who was better at the game. They had just ignored everyone else in the game and focused all their efforts on trying to shoot the other as many times as possible. Keith had failed to shoot Lance more than once. He was falling behind and quickly.

The arena they were in was huge, with a maze on the outskirts and then an open battle field in the middle. Most people stuck to the maze, seeing as it provided more cover. It was where Keith was currently searching for Lance.

He was wide open in the middle of the hallway area when he spotted the taller boy. Lance hadn't seemed to notice him yet, but before Keith could take aim, he heard someone else moving towards him. Not willing to let anyone get Lance out but himself, and not wanting to get out again, he pushed Lance back into a shadowy corner, hiding them both from sight.

Lance was startled by the sudden impact of the smaller boy pushing him into a wall, but with Keith's hand over his mouth, he couldn't make much noise. He furrowed his eye brows at him in question, but Keith just held a hand up, signaling him to stay quiet. That's when he heard the footsteps.

Once the other player was gone, Keith moved his hand and stepped back, but only a fraction of an inch, not trusting that they were gone completely. "What was the for Kogane?" Lance asked with a teasing tone in his voice.