Inojin and the Beanstalk

Once upon a time, in a far-off kingdom, there lived a young boy named Inojin Yamanaka. He and his mother Ino were farmers, but during these difficult times, they hardly had enough food and money for themselves. Eventually, they were in terrible debt and they couldn't afford anything anymore. Times were so hard that the former kunoichi and her son only had two things left. A small farmhouse that was in desperate need of repairs and one old white cow that was already out of milk. On the day Ino and Inojin finished the last of their food, she turned to look at her son with a concerned expression on her face.

"Inojin, can you do me a big favor?" Ino asked.

"Sure, Mother. What is it you want me to do?" Inojin said, looking up at his mother with a smile.

"I need you to go to the market with our cow and sell her for as much as you can."

"Sell our cow?!"

"Yes, we need the money."

"But...why?"

"Because if we don't, we'll have nothing. We'll be thrown out into the streets, and we'll be left to starve. Do you understand? I blame your father for getting us in this mess."

Inojin thought about his mother's request. He quickly realized the seriousness of the situation and he let out a sigh.

"Yeah, I understand. I'll try to sell the cow," Inojin said, nodding his head and smirking.

"That's my boy. Believe me, it's for the best," Ino said, smiling and giving her son a small peck on the forehead. "Now remember, when you make it to the market, accept no less than ten million ryo for her. And don't get distracted or stop for anything on your way there. Got it?"

"Got it. Bye, Mother."

"Bye, Son. See you later."

So with the cow in tow, Inojin made his way along the trodden path toward the market in town. But after half an hour of walking, he came across a rather strange surprise.

"Oh, hi there. If I'm not mistaken, you must be...Inojin, right?" A mysterious cloaked stranger said with a friendly smile as he approached Inojin.

"Uh, yeah. I'm Inojin. How do you know my name? Who are you?" Inojin asked nervously.

"That's not important. I was just wondering where you're going."

"Oh, I'm just on my way to the market to sell my cow. No less than ten million ryo."

"You don't say. Well, don't worry. I've got something that will magically erase all of your debt. Trust me," The stranger said.

"What are you talking about?" Inojin asked, sounding intrigued.

The man rummaged through the pockets of his ragged cloak and he showed the boy three edamames. Inojin winced, confused and angry.

"Edamames? That's it? What kind of an idiot do you think I am? I can't accept these," Inojin ranted, pushing the man's hand away.

"No, no, no. You don't understand. These edamames contain a powerful magic," he replied.

"Magic? What kind of magic?"

"Magic at its finest. Defies all descriptions too. These beans hold power beyond anything you could ever imagine. And maybe, just maybe, they just might be able to help you. So what do you say? Do we have a deal?"

"Are you sure you're telling me the truth? Because if you're lying..."

"Of course, I'm telling you the truth. Do I look like a person who would lie to you?"