Chapter 5:On Bended Knee

We had landed back in LA about 20 minutes ago and I was exhausted. He spent the rest of the trip celebrating the engagement. Dancing and drinking, I was mainly drinking. Me and Lashawn were now heading back to our penthouse and lord knows I needed a blunt. I decided to go to sleep since I just so stressed and tired.

By the time I woke up, we had stopped. We didn't stop in front of our building though, we stopped in front of a huge mansion.

I looked over, seeing that Lashawn wasn't in the car

I looked over, seeing that Lashawn wasn't in the car. I heard my door open, seeing Lashawn extending his hand. I grabbed my bag and took his hand, letting me get out.

"Baby, where are we"I said as the driver got our bags. "This is our future" he said wrapping his arms around me. I was confused. "What do you mean future, what about the penthouse"I said. "I got rid of the penthouse during the tour. I figured since we were gonna be planning a future together, we should get a bigger place"he said.

"What about our things"I said. "Don't worry about that, I got it all sent over here months ago. Everything's fine" he said rubbing my shoulders. I started to relax. It was a beautiful house and it looked big enough to hold as many kids as we could have. Then, something popped in my head.

My lockbox, what about my lockbox. I didn't take with me on the tour and it was at the pent house when I left. I needed the box. I ran up the front stairs and ran into the house. I didn't even bother looking around.

I ran up the stairs and ran to the room at the end of the hallway, thinking that it was me and Lashawn's bedroom. I guessed right because of bunch of boxes with the word "bedroom" was on it with our names. I searched though the boxes with my name on it, looking for that box. Lashawn came running in the room, obviously out of breath. "baby, what's going on"he said, catching his breath.

"Lashawn, my lockbox. Where is it"I said standing up. He came up to me, pulling me to him. "J, relax. I made sure the movers put your personal items in your nightstand. Your lockbox is over there"he said pointing to one of the nightstands. I sighed and went to the bed, sitting down and opening the nightstand drawer. I opened it, seeing my black lockbox sitting there, along with some other personal items of mine. I put my hand on my chest, sighing. "Thank you" I mumbled as I closed my drawer.

"It's good, I know how much that means to you"he said. He sat next to me on the bed,putting his hand on my thigh. "So, how you like the house"he said. "it's beautiful. Huge but beautiful"I said. He chuckled.

"But my favorite part is the bedroom"I said biting my lips.

He smirked, making me giggle

He smirked, making me giggle. "You think we should try it out"he said wrapping his arm around me and kissing my neck. "We can do that right after I try out that bathroom"I said kissing his lips before getting up. "Okay, I'ma go downstairs for a bit. Don't make me wait too long" he said kissing me before leaving the bedroom.

My smile faded as I sat back on the bed, reaching into my nightstand and pulling out my lockbox. I punched in the code, my planned "wedding" day with Devante. I opened the box, seeing pictures, old pieces of jewelry, letters and other meaningful things. I dug under all of those items, grabbing the loose ring. Devante's engagement ring.

I never got rid of this, I couldn't get rid of it. That ring was the only physical thing I had left of Devante when I left and I wasn't gonna just chunk it. Lashawn has no idea that I still have this ring. He would be pissed if he knew I had another man's engagement ring. I knew I would never see or ever be with Devante again.

I obviously ruined that. I just wanted to have a small piece of him. I put the ring back and closed the box, putting it back in my nightstand. I got up and walked to the otherside of my room, walking into my new bathroom. It was huge. It had two sinks, a huge walk in shower and a Jacuzzi tub.

This had to be a dream

This had to be a dream. I turned on the shower and took off my clothes, quickly hopping in the shower. I hissed from the stinging in my back. That cut on my back. I saw the blood that had slightly dried falling into the water and into the drain.

After washing up, I got out and wrapped a towel around my body. I walked out of my bathroom and went to my closet, which was huge. There were some of my old clothes and some new clothes that I guess Lashawn bought. I saw my shoes, bags, coats and jewelry on one side and on the other a large vanity with all of my makeup and beauty things were sitting. I smiled to myself, sitting at my vanity and getting myself together.

I had taken off my sunglasses before I got in the shower, leaving my still slightly painful black eye. I grabbed my makeup and covered it quickly, including some other scars I had. I then started to lotion by body and and some other things. I was getting up to go grab some clothes when I saw Lashawn standing at the door. I gasped, clutching my chest. He looked sad and depressed.

"Baby, what's wrong"I said lightly. "I did that to you J"he said. "Did what Lashawn" I said, wrapping my arms around myself. "The cut on your back, I saw it. I know I hit you but I didn't know I hurt you that bad"he said. I could see the tears build up in his eyes.

I sighed, "it's not that big of a deal. It's just a little scratch"I said. "That I caused J, don't you see that. It got there because I did it"he said. I could see the tears in his eyes. He walked up to me, getting on his knees. He held my hips as he looked up at me.

"Jamila, I'm so sorry. I promise on my life I will never ever hurt you again"he said crying. I was starting to cry. I wasn't just crying because he was literally on his knees begging for my forgiveness or the fact that he was crying. It was also because this same thing happened the first time he hit me. He saw the huge bruise on my cheek and cried on his knees in front of me.

He swore he would never do it again. Not only to me but to any other woman he was with. It brought me back to where I thought he actually meant it. Now almost a year later and engaged, I'm not sure if he's gonna keep that promise.

I held his head as he cried against my stomach. "Baby, I know you're sorry. I know you won't do it again. It's okay" I said rubbing his back. He wiped his tears and got up. He wrapped his arms around me, pulling me to him. He wiped my tears.

"I love you Jamila, I hope you know that"he said, his eyes blood shot. "I know Lashawn, I love you too"I said, sniffing. He pulled me to him and kissed me roughly. I moaned against his lips as I wrapped my arms around his neck. He untied my towel that was around me and ran his hands over my still damp and soft skin.

He picked me up off the floor as I wrapped my legs around him. He carried me to the bed, gently laying me down. Here's to engagement #2. I hope this one works.