Chapter 31:Over

I was sitting in bed, watching the only channel the hospital had to offer. The News. Of course, Jamila Stevens was in the spotlight. It had been hours since everybody left Devante still hadn't came. I was holding on to the fact that he simply got caught up in something.

He has a baby so maybe he had to watch him while Kim did something. I was startled when someone knocked on the door. I looked over, hoping it to be Devante. I sighed when I saw it was the doctor. "I guess someone isn't happy to see me"he said, chuckling.

I laughed lightly, "Sorry, I was expecting a friend. He still hasn't came"I said, playing with my fingers. "Well, visiting hours are over. I'm sure he'll be here tomorrow"he said. "I hope so"I mumbled.

"Well, I actually have some good news"he said. I looked up at him. "You're getting out tomorrow"he said. Wow, that was quick. "But under one circumstance"he said.

I knew there was a "but". "Usually with patients in your case-"he said before I cut him off. "Doc, with all due respect. Can you just say Suicide Attempt, that is what I'm here for. Right"I said, a slight smile on my face. He smiled lightly, starting over. "Usually with Suicide attempt patients like yourself, we keep them in the hospital for a few more days under psychiatric evaluation. But this isn't the case for you. Mr Knight requested that we make a deal"he said.

"Since you are in the spotlight, he thought that you being in evaluation would bring you bad press so we both agreed that when you leave, you'll be admitted to a rehab facility"he said. Rehab, really. That's even worse than freaking psychiatric evaluation. I rather everyone think I was crazy than I was a junkie. "Miss Stevens, I assure you. This place is beautiful. It overlooks the beaches of Los Angeles, it's a private facility and it'll feel like you're on a vacation. It'll help you kick your alcohol addiction, therapy for whatever problems you have and more"he said.

He was really making this place feel like paradise. He pulled something out of his coat pocket. "This is the brochure, you can look through it if you want"he said, handing it to me. I grabbed it and looked at the cover. Malibu Springs Rehab Facility.

Doesn't sound too bad. "I suggest you get some rest, you leave bright and early in the morning"he said, walking out of the room.Let's see how this goes.

THE NEXT DAY

It was the next morning and Tiffany was helping me get dressed. Suge was standing by the door, making sure everything was okay. I was not excited to be admitted to Rehab. I knew I had a problem with drinking but I thought it was a thing I could handle on my own, obviously I couldn't. I sat on the bed as I signed the rest of the papers, saying that I could leave.

The doctor was standing over me with a proud smile, obviously happy that I was working on myself. I finished signing and handed him the papers. He smiled brightly, "I'm very happy for you Mrs Stevens, I hope that you come out the best person you could be"he said. I smiled lightly, "thank you doc"I said. He pulled me into a brief hug before Suge said it was time to go.

Tiffany handed me my sunglasses before we walked out of the room. I was super nervous. I was gonna be in this facility for 3 months, how was I gonna get through this. I only needed one person to make me feel better, Devante. I still hadn't seen him and I was starting to think that he just settled with his new family.

Him, his baby and Kim. I was trying to push back those thoughts since I wanted to go to Rehab open minded but it was kinda hard. I held Suge's hand tighter when we got outside, cameras and mics already being pushed in my face. I put my head down as Suge helped me into the car. We immediatly pulled off and I took off my glasses.

Tiffany sat in the front seat while Suge sat with me. The Malibu Springs Rehab Facility was around an hour and a half away from the hospital and that gave me a lot of time to think. I rested my head on Suge's shoulder, he noticed I was scared. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and kissed my forehead. "It's okay baby girl, when you come out of there, you're gonna be better than ever"he said.

I tried to sleep during the trip but my mind was running with so many thoughts that there was no way I could fall asleep. About an hour later, we pulled up on this beautiful lawn that had a beautiful view of the California coast. Suge got out, helping me out. Two people were waiting at the door. One was a man and he went to the trunk, pulling out my things.

The other one was a woman, dressed in loose sundress. She had a bright smile on her face. As soon as I walked up to her, she pulled me into a hug. It felt like a hug that your grandmother would give you when she truly hasn't seen you in a long time. She hugged me for awhile before pulling away. "I'm Lacey and I'm your sponsor and guide. Welcome to Malibu Springs Jamila, I'm sure you'll love it"she said.

Her positive energy and her smile made me smile. Lacey looked a little bit older than me. She was skinny and brown skinned and had petite figure. Her hair was cut into a short bob but was pulled into a ponytail with her bangs in the front. She seemed like she was just like me.

She grabbed my hand, "Come on, I'll show you around"she said. I followed her into the building. The inside looked like a resort, the entire room being illuminated by the light coming from the open roof. She gave me a tour of the entire place. I actually liked it, it was peaceful and beautiful.

She ended the tour with showing me my room. I swear it looked like it was a hotel room.

I saw my bags already sitting on the bed

I saw my bags already sitting on the bed. "This is your room, one of my favorites because you have the beach patio"she said, pointing towards the doors that led to a mini beach. You have your own full bathroom and mini kitchen just in case.

A mini bar but of course no alcohol and bed"she said. I walked over to the bed and slowly sat down. "Curfew is at 10:00 and group dinner if you would like is at 6:00. We're currently finishing up breakfast if you would like to come down"she said. "No thank you, I'm not really hungry"I said. She smiled lightly, "Okay then, I'll leave you here. You're welcome to freshen up or go for a swim. I'll be back to check on you in a couple hours"she said before leaving and closing the door behind her.

I got up from the bed, exploring my room. I then went on the patio, seeing wide ocean and the sand. I went back in the room, going into my suitcases to see if whoever packed my bags at least packed a swimsuit. I hit the jackpot when I found a simple purple bikini. I went into the bathroom and changed out of my outfit and into my bikini.

I looked in the mirror, taking my hair out of it's ponytail. I then left the bathroom and went on the patio. I stepped on to the porch before sinking my feet into the sand. I felt the warmness against my toes before walking further. I then walked into the water, shivering initially from the the coldness.

I then went under the water, soaking my hair. I came back up, floating on my back and looking up at the clouds. This rehab thing might not be the worst.