Chapter 22:Do What I Gotta Do

Jamila's Outfit

Jamila's Outfit

It was the next morning and we were cleaning up my room. I had changed back into my clothes and reminded myself to come back and wash my sheets. We were both dressed and heading out of the door. Today was the final day to lay down whatever final stuff we had left before the album was being cut. Me and Devante had some stuff to finish so we were going back to his place to get ready.

I was still in awe of what happened last night. Everything felt perfect,everything was perfect. Things felt like they were going back to normal. We left the house and were heading for Devante's penthouse. We got back and hopped in the shower,washing up quickly before getting out and getting dressed.

A couple minutes later, we got to the studio and went our separate ways. When I got to the studio. Tiffany was already sitting there waiting for me. "Good Morning Tiff"I said,pulling out my notebook and sitting at the mixer. "Hmm,someone's a little jolly today. A big change from last night's Jamila"she said.

"That's what a good night's rest can do for somebody. With the house and Lashawn's trial, I've been restless. I finally got good sleep and now I'm ready for today"I said, turning towards her. "And good sex"she mumbled. I shot her a glare. "Oh, don't look at me like that. We all know what y'all did last night. You coming up in here all jolly and stuff and I saw Devante,walking in like he's the king of the jungle. And plus, Shanice doesn't know how to shut up"she said, flipping through a magazine. Of course it was Shanice. "And another thing, couples like you and Devante don't have no sex agreements. It just doesn't work"she said.

"Tiffany!! Where did you hear that"I said. "Girlll, Shanice told us but we been knew. People like you and Devante can't have no agreements like that without breaking it weeks later. I'm surprised y'all lasted this long"she said. "You know what, can we stop taking about my at home life with my boyfriend and finish this album"I said. Lord Jesus

DEVANTE POV

Me and the boys were in the studio, finishing up the album. Even though I was supposed to be working,I was thinking about Jamila. It's been awhile since me and her were that close. I was waiting for her because I knew she was going threw some stuff but it was getting hard to wait for her. I just hope that now we can be like we use to be, hopefully.

K-Ci snapped me out of my daydream when we came out the booth. "Someone wake up D and tell him we got stuff to do"he said, sitting down on the couch. "Man shut up, I was just thinking"I said. "Yea, about J"Dalvin said. "He right, we all know what y'all did"JoJo said.

I acted like I was confused but I knew what they were talking about. "You got down with Jamila last night"K-Ci said. "Nah man, you know J still wanna wait. She got too much on her plate"I said. "D,you ain't gotta lie. It's obvious"Dalvin said. "How"I said.

"Most of all,you left early"JoJo said. "Shanice kept talking about Jamila was getting a surprise"K-Ci said. "And every time you get some from J,you walk up in here daydreaming. You whipped man"Dalvin said. "Aye,says the dude who's getting married in 4 days. You definitely whipped"I said. "Congrats,who's getting married in 4 days"I heard, turning around and seeing Kim.

She looked different though. First off, she wasn't wearing her usual outfits and platforms. She was wearing a long dress that covered her baby bump. He usual blonde wig was pulled back into a ponytail. The boys looked at me.

"So ummm, who's getting married"she said again. "I am, in a few days"Dalvin said slowly. "Aww, congrats. You and Ro are gonna make a beautiful couple"she said. It was weird because she wasn't her usual annoying and clingy self. She was normal.

I just sat there, looking at her bump. "But I actually came to talk to Devante, if I'm not intruding anything of course"she said. This was weird, she wasn't demanding to talk to me. And she wasn't yelling, she was talking normally. "Aye man, we'll leave y'all to talk. We'll catch up with you later"JoJo said as they all got up and left, closing the door behind them.

I got up, "Come sit with me"I said, grabbing her hand and walking to the couch. I helped her sit down. I sat down next to her, "You really didn't need to do that"she said, putting her purse down next to her. "I had to"I said.

She smiled lightly. There was silence. "Congrats"I said. She smiled sadly, "Thanks, not one of the biggest things I'm proud of but I'm in it so I have to deal with it"she said. I was afraid to ask what I wanted to ask.

"Kim, is the baby-"I said before she spoke. "The baby is for you, he's for you"she said. It's a boy. I smiled lightly, "How far long are you"I said. "Six months along"she said.

Six months ago, Jamila told me she was bailing Lashawn out. "Look Devante, I only came to tell you because when he's born, I'm giving him up for adoption"she said. "Wait, what. Why"I said. "Devante, don't act so stupid. I dropped out of high school, I'm not in college. I'm broke and I can't take care of a baby. Plus, you're with Jamila, she's not gonna want to date a guy who had a baby with a stripper"she said. "Kim, listen to me. Whatever money you need, I got it. You ain't gotta pay nothing. I got all that. And with Jamila, I got her. Just don't give my baby away"I said.

I didn't care how that baby was made or who the mother was. I still wanted a chance to be a better father than my father was. "Devante, I can't take care of a baby"she said, starting to cry. I pulled her into a hug, rubbing her shoulder. "I gotchu Kim, you ain't gotta worry about it"I said.

How in the world am I supposed to tell Jamila that I'm having a baby.