Chapter 11:Sold Out

Today, I was taking a huge step. Today would be the first day I was seeing Lashawn since the incident almost 3 weeks ago. His lawyer was finally letting me see him after weeks. Since Devante came over a few weeks ago, he would come over and watch movies with me to keep me company. He offered to come over today but I told him I had a doctor's appointment to prevent having to tell him that I was going to see a man who put me in the hospital.

I was wearing long sleeves and long pants to cover any marks and I was wearing sunglasses to cover my black eye. I didn't really have anything to hide my broken nose so I was gonna have to deal with it the best I could. Because I didn't want paparazzi reporting on the fact that I was using crutches, I wasn't using them. Instead, my bodyguard Richard would be helping me walk. It would look like I was walking on my own but in reality I was being held up by Richard.

The car was waiting outside and Richard was waiting by my door to carry me to the car. I threw my bag over my shoulder and adjusted my glasses on my face. Richard wrapped his arm around my waist, picking me up as wrapped my arm around his shoulder. I bit my lip from his hand slightly digging into my bruised ribs. He helped me into the car and closed the door.

He got in before the driver pulled off and headed towards the jail. I was really nervous about seeing Lashawn. I wasn't sure if he was gonna be mad at me because I had landed him in jail in the first place or if he was gonna be happy to see me, possibly knowing that I might bail him out. About and hour later, we were at Los Angeles County Jail. I took a deep breath before letting Richard help me out of the car.

As soon as I opened the door, cameras and reporters asking me questions. I looked down and let Richard slyly carry me to door. Once I got in, an officer was waiting at the door to bring me. My agenda was to get in and get out so I wouldn't be in the papers tomorrow morning. "It's nice to see you Miss Stevens, follow me"he said.

Richard helped me down the hall towards the visiting room. We got to the room and stopped at an empty spot. I pulled out the chair and Richard helped me sit down. "Mr James will be out in any minute"the officer said before leaving.

I sat there, messing with the ends of my nails that desperately needed to be done. I jumped when I heard the phone being picked up, seeing Lashawn holding the phone to his ear. I slowly grabbed the phone, putting it to my ear. I forced a smile, "hey baby"I said into the phone.

He smiled, "Hey baby girl, how you feeling"he said. "I feel better now that I'm seeing you"I said with a bright smile. I wasn't trying to bring up the accident because it would make everything awkward and I wasn't sure how he was gonna react. I didn't want to look at the marks on his face from Suge beating him when he finally got the door down. "Take your glasses off baby, let me see that pretty face of yours"he said.

I slowly reached up to my face and took of my dark shades. I still had a black eye that I didn't cover because I didn't expect him to tell me to take off the glasses. I still had bruise around my nose from it being broken. I quickly grabbed my glasses and started to put them back on. "Nah, keep them off.

I gotta see what I did"he said, rubbing his forehead. "baby it's fine. It looks worse than it feels"I said. "Baby I love you but you gotta stop making excuses for me. I put you in the hospital, that's not okay"he said. "You don't need to worry about that Lashawn. You gotta worry about getting out of here and coming home to me. We gotta test the other bedrooms"I said, whispering the last part. He chuckled, "What you had in mind"he said.

"I got your bail already, I'm just waiting for you to say you wanna come home"I said. He smiled, "Yea, I'm ready. I'm missing my baby"he said. "Then it's settled, I'll have you outta here in no time"I said. He nodded. "I love you Lashawn"I said.