Chapter 6:Never Can Say Goodbye

The driver had pulled up to the studio. I adjusted my dark sunglasses as I grabbed my bag and climbed out. Lashawn met me by the door, holding my hand as we walked in. Not only did I still have a black eye but it was early and I was beyond tired. Suge called late last night about meeting early in the morning so I was heading in.

We walked through the long hall, seeing other artist recording their demos and finishing albums. I was named "The Princess Of Death Row" by many other artists. I can respect it. After I released One In A Million, Death Row's name was in everybody's mouth. My tour brought in a bunch of money for other people's use and I brought more attention to Death Row.

I can definitely respect that title. We got to Suge's office. Suge was sitting at his desk with Tiffany who was sitting on the other side. She was giggling up a storm and he was smiling like crazy. I walked in as Tiffany jumped up out of her seat.

"The princess is here" I said as Suge got up. "She sure is, how you doing baby girl"he said hugging me tightly. "I'm doing fine, a little tired. I was just wondering why you had to make this meeting so early, I just got back from a six month tour" I said. He chuckled, "I know but I need to meet all of y'all as soon as possible"he said. I was confused, all of us.

"Wait what do you mean all of us, I thought it was just me and Lashawn"I said. "Nah, we got some friends"he said. I heard the door opened as I turned around. T-Boz, Left-eye and Chili came walking through the door. Ro?, what in the world was she doing here.

Her eyes caught mine. Ro didn't look like Ro. She looked totally different from the last time I saw here. Before the tour. She was much skinnier, something she must've picked up after getting back with the group.

Her hair was longer but pulled into a ponytail for this occasion. Ro was dressing like she was in high school again. She went from wearing mom jeans and overisized t-shirts back to short above the knee length dresses and high heels. She had on heavy make up and a bunch of jewlery. What happened to Esme, what happened to Ro.

She rolled her eyes before sitting at the conference table with the the girls. Lashawn was still standing next to me, talking to Suge. I swallowed hard, attempting not to reach for the travel sized Hennessy bottle in my bag. Lashawn grabbed my hand and pulled me to the table. Ro was talking to the girls when I sat in front of her.

Her smile faded as she looked at me. She looked at me with a death stare, playing with a huge diamond ring on her left ring finger. Dalvin proposed? She looked over at Lashawn who wasn't paying attention, shooting him a death glare. She went back to talking to the girls, regaining her smile.

I reached into my purse and pulled out my new pack of new ports, lighting one quickly and taking a drag. Lord be with me

DEVANTE POV

Me and the boys were walking into Death Row for some meeting Mr Knight wanted us meet him to talk about signing a deal. I never thought in a million years that I would have the opportunity to sign Suge Knight. I guess this is what Jamila felt. But I wasn't thinking about Jamila, I was thinking about Kim. Me and Kim weren't really a thing.

We had sex that night after the strip club and since then we've just been a relationship based off sex. To be honest, she's been my distraction. For a few hours everyday, she was where I needed her to be when I felt lonely without Jamila. She didn't know that though. I covered it up by buying her nice things, giving her money.

I don't love Kim and I don't want to be with Kim, she's just someone who takes my mind of something temporarily. I felt bad a first. I was never the guy to use a girl just for sex. Overtime it just got easier for me to lie to her, which I hated. We walked into Suge's office where a few people were sitting.

I wasn't expecting that. I saw Ro and the rest of her group talking and having fun. I saw Suge and some other people talking. I then walked in further, quickly stopping when I sat Jamila. She was sitting at the table across from Ro.

Ro hates Jamila right now, there was no way that this was going good right now. She was smoking a cigarette. I'd never known her to ever pick up a drink, why was she smoking. She was sitting next to that Lashawn dude. She looked visibly upset, Lashawn on the other hand looked unbothered. What in the world.

JAMILA POV

I was staring off into space when I heard Suge speak. "Just the boys I wanted to see, how y'all doing"he said. I looked towards the door, seeing K-Ci with his arm wrapped around Shanice. I could've sworn Shanice broke up with K-Ci almost a year ago. How much have I missed.

Suge shook K-Ci's hand, then Jojo's, then Dalvin's. Lastly, Devante. Devante had changed a lot since I last saw him. He was a lot more muscular, taller it seems. His style was a little bit more laid back than usual, he wore a lot of jewelry and grew out his hair. I was especially noticing the girl he had his arm wrapped around.

She was much shorter. She was darker skinned and had light blonde hair. I could tell it was a cheap wig. She was hearing all white. A white fur coat, a white halter top and white booty shorts.

Topping it all off with some clear stripper pumps. Was this girl a stripper. I never knew Devante to go for someone like that. Why has everyone changed but me. His eyes locked with mine.

He looked like he was sorry or guilty. I felt Lashawn squeezing my arm, making me quickly disconnect from his eyes. I looked down, continuing to puff on the cigarette. Lashawn yanked my arm towards him, making his lips rest on ear. "you better behave before I had to make a fool of myself, you understand"he growled in my ear.

He was talking about Devante. I nodded as he let my arm go. He walked past Suge and headed towards the table. Dalvin sat next to Ro, kissing her cheek as she smiled. I looked down at my lap, holding the cigarette in between my hands.

A few seconds later, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I looked up, seeing Devante. I swallowed hard. "Is someone sitting here"he said, his raspy voice filling my eyes. All the memories of that voice flooded in my head.

His hand lingered on my shoulder. I shivered internally, feeling the warmth of his hands on my body. Something I missed. "Um, no. I go ahead" I managed to get out. He nodded lightly as he sat down, the girl sitting next to him.

I became self conscious. Did I smell good, was my hair okay. Lord jesus I smell like smoke. Put out the cigarette Jamila. I quickly reached over for the ashtray in the middle of the table, putting it out.

I sat back and slyly fixed my hair, trying to make sure it wasn't messy. I sat back in the chair. Probably a little too far back because I fell right out of the freaking chair. I fell on my butt, groaning as I hit the floor. Devante was the first one on the floor with me.

Lashawn was headed to help me but stopped when he saw Devante helping me sit up, wiping hair out of my face. I looked over at Lashawn nervously as he looked at Devante help me. Devante stopped and looked over at him. Lashawn's jaw twitched as he looked away. Devante brought his attention back to me.

"You okay"he said putting his hand on my shoulder. "Yea, I'm fine. You know I'm a little clumsy"I said chuckling. He laughed, "Yea, how could I forget"he said. My smiled faded, it kinda stung. "Come on, we got a meeting to do"he said, holding out his hand.

I nodded as I grabbed it, He got up before helping me pull myself up. He pulled my seat out for me as I sat back down. I scooted the seat in and looked down, slightly embarrassed to look up. I felt Devante look over at me. "So, what's going on Mr Knight"he said, attempting to take the attention off of me.

"I'm glad you asked Devante"he said. Lashawn leaned over and whispered in my ear. "You don't know how to listen"he said. Jesus be a fence.