Chapter 19:All I Do Is Think Of You

Jamila's New House

Jamila's New House

Devante and the boys were moving boxes off of the truck, moving them into the house. Today, I was moving into my own house after 6 months of living in Devante's penthouse. Everything in the past 6 months has been going great. Me and Devante were together again and better than ever, Lashawn went to trial and got 15 years in prison with chance of parole, the Death Row Album was finished and we were going on tour in about a year, Ro and Dalvin's wedding was coming,Shanice and K-Ci were doing great, everybody's careers were doing great and I was moving into my own home. A little bit after Lashawn got sentenced and our house was I cleaned, I was gonna move back in and deal with living in a huge house all alone.

Then, I got a letter saying that Lashawn was way behind on payments and the house was being taken from us. I didn't care, I hated that house anyway. Because I still had my own money, I bought myself a house. But throughout that entire time, I stopped drinking, smoking and getting high and I'm completely sober, something that I'm very proud of. Me,Shanice,Ro, Faith and Tiffany were all in my room, unpacking the few boxes I had up there.

I wasn't completely moving in tonight. Will all the stuff I had, it would take a few days to get all of it in. I was staying back at Devante's until everything was moved in. I loved the new house, it wasn't huge but it was big enough for me. It was in a nice area and a reasonable price.

I was truly happy. Me and the girls were unpacking the last of the boxes when Devante came in. He was in a pair of jeans, his shirt off due to sweating from lifting heavy boxes. I didn't understand why because it was a very unusual winter in LA. It was around 54 degrees outside and he was the only one sweating.

I didn't mind though, he looked amazing. I was hanging up some stuff when his eyes caught mine. He smirked, walking over to me. He came behind me,whispering in my ear. "You know it's rude to stare baby"he said, pulling me to him.

I chuckled, "I'm sorry Mr Carter,I've just never seen a mover so fine"I said, putting down what I was doing. "Oh really"he said into my ear, kissing my neck. I nodded, "You know, I ain't seen a woman as beautiful as you"he said. "Really, that's sweet"I said.

"Mhmm, let's see exactly what's sweet"he said. I giggled as I turned in his arms, kissing him. He pulled away,licking his lips. "Yea, I was right"he said. I laughed as I kissed him again.

"Um, can the sweaty pig and homeowner move away from each other"I heard Tiffany said. I threw a pillow as Devante kissed my neck. Me and Devante were taking things slow, that meant no sex for the past six months. To be honest, I don't know how me and Devante made it six months with no sex while living in the same house together. Back in Baltimore, every chance we got, we were in the bedroom.

Things were going good. We were in a healthy space and I was in and out of trial with Lashawn. I just thought that sex would mess up what we had. We made an agreement that we would have sex when everything in our lives weren't so chaotic. "I thought me and Dalvin were still the nasty ones, y'all are definitely worse"Ro said.

"Aye, just because y'all are engaged don't mean y'all changed. Y'all are still nasty as crap"I said. "Touche"she said, bringing her attention back to a box she was unpacking. "Man, y'all all got a man and stuck here watching y'all get married"Tiffany said. We all looked over at her. "What"she said.

"Girl don't play stupid, we all know you've been sneaking around with Suge"Shanice said. Tiffany pulled on her bottom lip with her teeth, going to another box and opening it up. "No no, don't do that. It's obvious. Everytime you're with Suge you're always giggling and smiling about something. Trust me, I've had a conversation with Suge and he isn't that funny"I said as Devante helped me unpack boxes.

Finally, he did something besides trying to seduce me. "And y'all were riding together the entire tour. That isn't just a coincidence"Faith said. "And Suge talks with us men, it's obvious"Devante said. We all looked at her, she can't lie now. "Okay, Okay. Me and Simon are sorta a thing"she blurted out.

"Nah, that's more than a thing if you're on birth name basis"Faith said. "It's just we can't go public with it. He has a wife, a daughter. The bigger thing is that I'm 19 and he's freaking 35. I didn't mean to fall in love with Suge but he's so charming. I just wish there was a better way I could be with him without having to hide it"she said. "Oh lord, this just became super depressing. How about we go out"Ro said, getting up. "Huh"Faith said. "Come on ladies, I'm getting married in a week, Devante and J are finally back, Tiffany's dealing with her sugar daddy problems and Shanice and Faith, you're just coming along. Most of all, I'm about to be tied down and become a working mom. I need one more night as a single lady before then"she said.

"Ro, I don't know about this. I was supposed to lay down some final tracks for the album"I said. "Girl, screw that album. It'll be there tomorrow morning. We can all get drinks, mocktails for you and have fun. And Mila, we can party like we're high school again. Just one more time"she said. "Ro, you were pregnant in high school"I said. "Okay, before I got pregnant. And plus you get what I'm saying"she said. "J,she's right. You've been focusing on the album and the house. You should get out"Devante said.

"Thank you brother in law and just for that, the guys are invited too"Ro said. I was kinda being pressured into this. "Come on Mila, one night and that's it"she said. I sighed, "Okay, I'll go"I said. They all squealed and jumped up, hugging me. I guess I'm going out tonight.