Chapter 33:Comfortable

It's been two months since I got to Malibu Springs and I've definitely changed. What Suge said really stuck with me and I knew I was being super childish. The night when I talked to Lacey, I spilled everything that ever bothered me. My parents, Lashawn, my career, Devante, the baby, Kim. By the next day, I was in group exercises and sharing my experience with other people there.

Once I had all of that off of my shoulders, I made peace with it. I just had one thing left, Devante. Suge still hasn't put him on my visitors list which means I won't see him until Lacey put's in a good word for me. I had about 2 or 3 weeks left here and I really want him to see me like this, different. I was making some tea(something I did often) when there was a knock on the door.

"Come in"I said. "Jamila girl, I have some great news"I heard Lacey said. I poured myself a cup and walked into my room, sitting on the edge of the bed. "Spill it"I said, sipping my tea. "So, you know that particular person that I've been working to get you to see"she said.

I thought about it, Devante. "Yea, what about him"I said. "Well Mr Knight finally sees that you're getting better so he allowed him to visit you, he's coming in an hour"she said. I smiled as I got up and hugged her. He was coming to see me.

"But there's one thing"she said. Oh lord. "He's bringing the baby, his mother had something to deal with and he had to take him"she said. I sighed, excitement kinda ruined. I then realized that being affected by something that I had no control over was being childish.

"I'm just gonna have to see him with the baby in the room"I said. "Are you okay with that Jamila, I can easily call him and say no"she said. "No, this is my test. If I'm ever gonna be around him again, I need to deal with his baby"I said. I put a smile back on my face "Thank you so much Lace"I said.

"Jamila I didn't do this, you did. You got better. You stopped drinking, threw away your problems and now you're better. That's how you made this happen"she said. I had an hour before he got here and I was in this lousy outfit, I needed to change. First I got in the shower, washing up thoroughly before getting out. I brushed my teeth, washed my face and put my favorite smelling lotion all over my body. I then went to my closet, grabbing the cutest outfits I had.

I eventually settled for a halter yellow sundress, a gift that Lacey got for me after my first real therapy session. It was cute and easy to take off, just in case of course. I then went back in the bathroom where Lacey then straightened my hair and made me look a little presentable. Since I haven't had a manicure in months, Lacey polished my toes and my nails while I did simple makeup. I but on my favorite shade of lipstick before putting on one of his favorite perfumes.

I then looked in the mirror, satisfied with the outcome. "I promise, with this look. He's gonna come crawling back"she said. "I hope so"I mumbled. "Okay, we have about 10 minutes before he's supposed to get here so I'll leave you here and I'll wait for him downstairs"she said. I nodded before she left the room.

I heated my now cold cup of tea before going back to my room and sitting down. I kept checking myself, making sure everything was perfect. I was startled by the knock on the door, Lacey stuck her head in the door. She smiled, "he's here"she said. I could've passed out.

"Send him in"I said, my voice shaky. Lacey stepped to the side, letting Devante walk in. I could've passed out. He was wearing a simple T-shirt, covering it with a vest. We was wearing some baggy pants his favorite pair of sneakers.

He had a few chains around his neck, the locket I gave him was very evident on his chest. I then saw him holding the carseat, the baby. "I'll leave you two alone"she said winking at me before closing the door. I got up. "Hey"I said lightly.

"Hey"he said. I really wanted to hug him, take in his scent and kiss his skin. But, I wasn't gonna do that. I then realized we were both still standing. "Sorry um, you wanna sit"I said.