Chapter 27:Couldve Been pt2

Devante held my hand as he walked me to the stage, Chris was still performing. I felt like crap. All the screaming and bright lights weren't helping. I was drunk and all of this mixed in was making me feel dizzy. I held onto Devante's shoulder since I felt like I was gonna pass out.

He looked down at me, holding me up with his arm. "Are you okay"he whispered. "I feel dizzy"I said. I could see the look of concern on his face. I was starting to fall again.

"Whoa, are you sure you can get out there. You're in heels"he said. "No, I can't get on that stage. I can't do it"I said, resting my head on is chest. "Where's Jamila"I heard a familiar voice boom. It was Suge. I felt Devante pull me closer as I laid my head on his shoulder.

He finally spotted me. "There you are, as soon as Chris is off there you need to be the first thing those people see. We're gonna talk about your little incident later"he said. Devante spoke up. "Suge man, I don't think she can go"he said. "Watchu mean"he said.

"She's just not feeling well. You know things have been hard for her lately"he said. "I don't care what's going on, she should've thought about that when she decided to do this thing. Now when Chris gets off, Jamila needs to be on that stage"he said before storming off. I sighed as Devante looked down at me. I pushed myself up, trying to steady myself. "Can you help me out there, there's no way I can walk out there by myself"I said.

He smiled lightly, "Yea, I gotchu"he said. I did exactly what Suge did. As soon as Chris was off of the stage, Devante was walking me out on the stage. The crowd was going crazy, screaming my name. My head started pounding but I pushed it back, putting a smile on my face. The crowd then started to chant, "Kiss Her".

They were obviously talking about me. He wrapped his arms around me and kissed me, making them almost scream my head off. He pulled away and walked off the stage. I felt dizzy all over again as I went to the mic, holding onto the stand for dear life. I heard the music start but everything sounded muffled.

The fan's screams sounded muffled and my ears started ringing. My vision got cloudy and I felt everything start to foggy. Out of nowhere I was on the ground, someone speaking to me. Then everything went black. A little bit later, I woke up in my hotel room on the bed.

I started to get up but then laid right back down when I felt the shooting pain in my head. "Hey, be easy. You fell pretty hard"I heard as I looked over, seeing Devante. He sat on the bed and helped me sit up. "Here, take this. You need it after all you drank"he said. I chuckled as I grabbed the water bottle and the bottle of pain meds in his hands.

I took the meds and chased it with the water. I handed it back to him and he put it on my nightstand. I ran my fingers through my hair. "I really need to start drinking"I mumbled to myself. "Yea, you scared us all for a bit"he said.

I was confused, I thought I just fell. "Wait, what happened"I said. "Well you passed out on the stage. We got you back to your dressing room and you weren't waking up. Suge got a doctor and he did something then you woke up. The show was over by then so we came back to the hotel and you had fallen asleep by the time you got in here. I just stayed to make sure you were okay"he said. I smiled lightly, "Thank you for staying, I appreciate it"I said, he smiled. There was silence.

"Well, I should get going. We got that party to go to tonight"he said. I groaned, the stupid party. Can I just spend a night in my room ordering room service. "I just passed out at a performance and now I gotta get dressed for a stupid party"I said. "Hey, I suggest you get ready because Suge is already pissed about earlier, I don't think you wanna piss him off again"he said.

I groaned loudly and got out of bed, Devante followed me. "I'll leave you to get dressed, I'll be back in about an hour"he said. I nodded. He was heading for the door when I stopped him. "Thank you again for helping me, I don't know where I'd be without you swooping in and saving me"I said as he chuckled.

"It's all good J, that's what I'm here for"he said. I smiled, "Get ready, I'll be back"he said, walking to the door and leaving. I smiled to myself as I went to the bathroom and turned on the shower. I took of my clothes and got in the steaming hot shower. I let the water run over my hair,planting my hands against the wall.

I felt Devante all over me, my mind flashed back to a memory.

Devante and Jamila were wrestling under the water, fighting for dominance. Devante won and gently pushed Jamila against the wall. Jamila smirked in Lust and anticipation. Devante's hanging curls covered his dark eyes. He strutted up to Jamila, pulling her to him. His head immediately went to her neck, kissing and sucking on her skin. Jamila's soft moans mixed in with the crashing sounds of the water. Devante was on fire wanting as much as he could get from Jamila. The night before was a milestone for him, he made love to her for the first time in a long time. Both of them felt the steam and passion and needed to get rid of it. Both of them were longing for each other and with each kiss and touch and sound, it got stronger. Devante was on edge as he turned her around. She squealed as her hands pressed against the steamy shower wall. She bit her lip and he held her hips, kissing along her back, her shoulders. He came back and pulled her hands away from the way, wrapping them around his neck, her fingers finding his curly hair. He smiled into her skin, "God, I miss you"he said. She smiled to herself, looking and dripping hand prints on the shower wall. "I miss you too"she said.

I was truly happy that night. Me and him were back to normal, it wasn't for long though. I got out the shower when my skin became red from the heat and my finger nails got soft from the water. I grabbed a towel and wrapped it around my body, going into the room and going to the closet. I was rummaging through my closet for an outfit for the party when my phone rang. I left the closet and went to the bed, sitting down and picking up the phone.

Ro was on the other side of the phone, her voice sad and mellow. "What's going on Ro"I said. "Mila, are you sitting down right now"she said, her voice low. "Yea, what's going on"I said,starting to get worried. "Mila, Kim just had the baby. It's a baby boy"she said.

"Um, where's Devante"I said. "He's heading to the hospital with her, she had the baby in her room and they're taking her to the hospital"she said. My eyes started to water. He was with her. "Mila, I'm so sorry"she said.

I slammed the phone on the hook, starting to sob in my hands. I grabbed my pillow and screamed into it. That baby was here, Devante was going with Kim. I felt empty. Devante wasn't running next to me in a hospital, trying to figure out if I or our baby were okay.

I bet he delivered that baby with his bare hands. He held that baby boy and saw himself in him. He probably had his beautiful green eyes, his long beautiful black hair. He probably had his button nose and small ears. He probably looked just like him.

I looked up from the pillow, seeing my my bloodshot eyes in the mirror across the room. I needed something, something to take away this empty feeling. I looked over at the large mini bar across the room. The urge to have one drink was strong. I sighed as I got up, going to the mini bar.

I sat in the front of it, opening the door. I pulled out a can of beer, opening it and chugging it. I put the empty and crumpled can next to me. My body wanted more. I reached in and grabbed another bottle, opening it and chugging.

This is gonna be a long night.