Music to my Ears: Kass x Reader

Request is from @-NachoTriforce-

You strolled along the path, eager to get to Rito Village. Recently, you had heard of this place, and, being the person you are, you wanted to get there as fast as you could.

You hummed brightly, taking in the lovely weather and the bright sun. The skies were so clear, and the grass was as green as possible. How come you have never heard of such a majestic place? You must've been living under a rock!

Nearby, you had heard a beautiful, melodic rhythm. "What could that be?" You mumbled, wondering to yourself. You neared the music, trying to get a good look at whatever, or whoever, played the wonderful tone.

When you had gotten the figure in sight, you saw a male yellow and blue bird. He was surprisingly taller than you, with some kind of instrument that was unfamiliar to you. The bird had red and green anklets, and red and white scarfs wrapped around him. He wore leather armor as well.

Of course, you have never seen a creature like this, but it could only mean one thing: He was one of those Ritos, the race that lived on Lake Totori! The masters of flight, and the best archers in Hyrule! They were also beautiful singers, which was one of the reasons why you decided to visit the place.

"Hmmm? Well, if it isn't a Hylian!" The Rito spoke, facing your direction. He must've noticed you staring at him.

You blushed. He looked so dashing! And he had such a kind voice! "Woah." You whispered.

"Pardon me?" The bird looked confused.

"Oh! I'm sorry, I get lost in thought a lot..." You apologized, straightening your posture. "I had heard a beautiful instrument playing, so I came to check it out. You play with so much emotion, it's breathtaking!" You said in awe.

"Well thank you, fellow traveler." He simply bowed to you, smiling. "I just love taking in a breath of the wild while I play my accordion, so I thought I would travel Hyrule and play the different pieces of music that came from that region. We are actually close to my hometown, Rito Village, and I thought it would be one of the calmest places to be at the moment. I was just playing one of my favorite tunes, the Song of Storms. Care to join me?" He gestured to a spot in the grass.

"Of course! I actually know Song of Storms." You looked down in embarrassment.

"Well then, do you mind singing for me?" He asked, meeting your eyes once more. You couldn't believe some stranger just asked you to sing for him. You nodded your head, feeling too awkward to use words.

"Okay, I'll start playing. You can go ahead whenever you feel like it." He sat down and started playing his instrument softly. You took a deep breath, and when the right moment came, you started singing.

From the sky
To the ground
Rain is falling all around
Thunder, rain and wind
The Song of Storms begins
Play a tune
A melody
And everybody will see
The Hero of Time
Has come

In the night
Blew a storm
Chasing shadows to the shore
Lightning filled the sky
Thunder roared and circled
Close your eyes
Come along
Dance until the night is gone
Singing the Song of Storms

The man finished the song with a final note, then turned to you. "You have a beautiful voice. It's music to my ears." You blushed hard. No one has ever complimented your talent, let alone hear your voice.

"Thank you." You managed to squeak out. You sat there for a while, but when you looked up, you didn't see the bird anymore. You searched for him, but you didn't see him. Then from behind, the bird wrapped a wing around you. You widened your eyes, looking to him.

"What..?" You saw him smile. Then you relaxed, knowing that you were going to be safe with him.

"I have a feeling we will definitely see each other again in the future." He mentioned, looking away from you. "I um... also didn't get to hear your name." You raised you eyebrow dramatically.

"It's Y/N."

"Well, hello Y/N. I'm Kass. Care to join me in my travels? We can go anywhere you want." He questioned, holding a hand out.

"S-Sure." You grabbed his hand, shaking it. You were about to make some unforgettable memories with Kass, you just know it.