Bonding time with Ashley

Skylar POV

I managed to avoid Connor all week at school and ignore his phone calls and texts. I have seen him with that douche all around school so I have no idea why he is even calling me when he clearly made his choice. I have hung out with Aiden Ethan Ally and Eli also Jazmin and Jazlyn. We eat lunch together and they help me avoid Connor. They know about him and that dude so they are also pissed at him but they seem pissed for more than what is going on but I don't push it, they'll tell me if they want me to know.

They come over to my house each day after school because I refuse to go to the pack house because I don't want to see my ex boyfriend with another guy more than I have to. I guess we're not together anymore since he is all over that other guy while looking at me when were in the halls of school.

He hasn't come to the house though which shouldn't surprise me or upset me but it does, I want to talk to him alone, not in school around other people and I know if we talk in school, it won't be in detail like I need it to be which is why I have been avoiding him and also I'm still so pissed off and hurt at what he did but I can't deny that I want to be in his arms, to talk to him, to be near him but I won't, not until he comes to me alone and talks to me and I'll see about giving him another chance and trust him again.

I decided to go to a few towns over since it's Friday after school to go swimming. I love the water and the lake there is beautiful. My family and I went camping one weekend there and I loved it.

"Hey da, do you have plans with Ashley this weekend?" I asked my da when I walked into the living room to find him laying on the couch watching TV.

"Just to go see Liz on Sunday, why?" He asked sitting up.

"Well I wanted to take her to the lake, just me and her for the weekend. I'll make sure were back by Sunday mid morning so we can go see Liz. I just need some of her sweet nature right now."

"Ok sure son. Want me to pack her things?"

"Nope I got it. You just relax, you had a long week at work da. I love you I'll be back down in a bit." I kissed his cheek and went up to my room.

"I love you too son!" Da yelled after me and I chuckled. I packed a small bag of a couple outfits and toiletries and went to my little beautiful princess room, I am her temporary guardian even though my dads are home so I take care of her most of the time.

"Hey beautiful, do you want to go to the lake this weekend with me?" I asked softly as I runned her soft cheek. She is sleeping on the floor on a pile of stuffed toys around a tea party. She opens her pretty eyes and looks up at me and smiles so wide when she sees me.

"What did you ask?" She asked while rubbing her eyes.

"I asked my beautiful princess if she wanted to go to the lake with me this weekend?" Once I said that she shot up and ran to her dresser and pulled out her one piece bathing suit and a couple outfits and her little hat and she ran to her closet and got her sandals and sneakers. She put her sandles on and put her stuff in my bag that I brought in with me.

"Ready!"

"No your not, you need to get your hair stuff because darling, those curls can't be not taken care of so grab your brush, the moose two scrunchies and the leave in conditioner. Also your shampoo than you will be ready." I listed off the remaining items she needs and she goes to grab it all. She walks back out with her small brush and the scrunchies wrapped around the handle and the handle in her mouth and her little arms carrying the other stuff. I smile at her and grab the brush and she moves her mouth a few times and giggles. She puts the stuff on the bed and places them in the side pocket of my bag.