Connor awakens

Eric POV

We’re going mad, and poor Jake is losing it. He’s distancing himself more with each passing day that Connor lies asleep. I can slowly see the subtle changes in his personality shifts. Sam and I have been assisting any way we possibly can to limit the stress while keeping ourselves distracted when our baby and his parents are in the otherworld looking for answers.

*Flashback (Skylar POV)*

The goddesses had recommended we go see their parents for any advice or anything we may have missed with the ritual so that’s exactly what we did. In a throne room there stood a man with a midnight suit with purple and black accents and accessories and a woman wearing a green enchanted dress with a golden crown and woven flowers in it

“Our beautiful girls. What mischief have you three gotten into?” their mother, Gia, half smirked but smiled playfully. 

“We did the ‘Gift Of The Ages’ prayer and it backfired. It healed the wolf’s illness but he fell into a coma and we only have a few days before we lose him and his pup.” Oriana said practically radiating guilt. 

“Girls, you know that spell is not absolute, you must be clear in what you want the spell to accomplish. If you want to cleanse the mind, then that’s what it will do but it seems you wanted him in mind, body, and spirit. As of right now, he is in limbo. The land between life and death.” their father, Orian, explained. 

“Please, there has to be a way to wake my mate.” I pleaded

“There is only one way to restore your mate completely. You must perform the “The moon blessing’ to put things into perspective, he was tainted in the eyes in the moon itself so please don’t blame Diana, she only governs the moon and watches over the moon and its creatures. Our daughter Keriana is the true culprit. She created the human raise and hunters and tainted Diana, Eliana as well as Oriana’s children. He must be restored in the light of the moon. Once he’s deemed innocent and worth of the moon’s grace he will awaken. What you need will be found in the library.” He further explained and we were off to the library in a race to beat the clock. 

End of Flashback

Eric POV again

Sam and I were assisting with training when Ryleigh and Beacon came running out of the woods followed by our baby and the goddesses. 

“We found something!” Jake was there almost instantaneously, hounding them relentlessly. 

“All will be explained.” They directed at Jake and with that, we were in the conference room. 

“We’re waiting…” Jake said a bit agitated but I knew he just wanted his baby boy back. 

“We have to perform the ‘Moon’s Soul Blessing Ritual’.” Diana says in hopes Jake would agree.

“No, the answer is a firm no. The last time you did a damned ritual, my son ended up in a coma. You are not touching him again, I'm going to leave it up to God that He takes care of my son and grandchild. I have faith that he will wake up, I'm not going to have another ritual done on him even if this one could wake him. You didn't know the risks it seems from doing the last one so no, just no. Skylar?" He said looking at Skylar and my baby gulped loudly with the look Jake was giving him.

"If you touch my son or anyone else with another ritual, I will banish you from my pack." With that, Jake left the room. 

“Well, that went well.” Beacan huffed. Connor may have not been his son or even related to him but their motto was absolute and went for everyone they knew. 

As we were walking out of the conference room Sawyer came running with little Collen out of breath. “Jake’s wolf took over and he ran off.” 

We really can never catch a break. Skylar and his family ran off after him before we could even come up with a plan. Sawyer tells us he’ll let Ben and Danny know and have the trackers look for him. 

It wasn’t until hours everyone came back with a sleeping Jake. This was becoming way more than any of us could handle and I have a feeling that’s exactly what Keriana wants. Divide us until our bonds as a family is broken. She wants us to feel her pain of being helpless. When things got settled Orion and Gia flashed in and looked at a weakened Jake with a sad expression on their own face. 

“We came to heal your son, no ritual required. Just praying over his body with each of us holding a single white candle.” They said looking over to Jake with pleading eyes. 

"If you say a prayer, is all that is needed to heal my son, prove it by doing the same thing to Sam." We all looked at him like he was delusional. Sam is healthy. They nod and I guess Sam and Skylar knew something we didn't because they didn't object to it. 

About fifteen minutes after they were finished, Ryleigh places her hand on his forehead and holds his other one and I watch as their eyes grow white and wait. 

"It worked, you saw what I saw so you know it worked." Is all she said and Jake sighed sounding relieved and we all followed him to the clinic where Connor is laying helpless.

Just as the New Moon rises Orion and Gia hand us one white candle magically lighting them and we begin the prayer. 

"Oh, great Moon, with these words, our spirit bright,
please give him the protection, the blessing and the power to live in peace 
and restore his soul and seize the light within you. 
A helping hand to healing lend, So he may return to health again.
This is our decree so let it be."

When we were finished Connor began glowing with the moon’s light as he began his cleansing and soon enough his entire family collapsed and glowed with the same glow and they all awakened but their scents were different in a way, stronger too but no one knew what went on. That is until Orion and Gia smiled at them and disappeared. 

Chapter written with the help of LaVel063, he's basically writing the rest of this book with me lol unless it's smut and things not having to do with magic.