The beginning of finding out the truth

Skylar's pack symbol up top

Skylar’s POV

I sigh and stare at my dad's with my mates and Connor’s parents. When did my life get so complicated? 

“Skylar, we haven’t been honest with you.” Da sighs running a hand through his hair. 

“No kidding,” Connor seethed, glaring at my parents. He’s so hot when he’s angry. 

“You already know you’re adopted but… when we adopted you from the agency we did, all they said was you came from a powerful family.” Dad says looking at a broken Da.

I couldn’t breathe, it felt like the walls were closing in. Has my whole life been a lie?

"Someone found you in the woods on one of the caretaker’s days off under a white willow tree and a letter in your bassinet.” Da said softly as if he was the one who found me. I took his hand in mine and squeeze it gently and he smiled at me.

I should be mad but there’s no point if they never knew, they have always been honest with me when I had questions about my life.

“Are you ok Skylar?” Jake asks looking at me apologetically. 

“I’ll be fine,” I say walking towards the door needing some air. 

I hear two sets of feet approach behind me taking in their scent instantly calming down. 

“Why does the universe hate us so much? Connor having the past he does, Eric getting kicked out of his pack for not being able to pass an impossible test and now this, it's all too much at once. You two are pregnant, this is supposed to be a happy time in our lives, not putting stress on you both. This can’t end like this, there has to be a light at the end of this very dark tunnel."

“We know baby… we’ll get some answers.” Connor and Eric wrapped their arms around me. Is there anyone who can give me some answers?

After talking to my parents we went back to the packhouse to see if there were any answers that Jake might have missed. So far there was nothing. 

“I think I found something!” Jaylen says holding up a book bound in leather. With no title. 

We all crowd around him at a table. Jaylen and Jayden read the title on the cover. I’ll never understand how twins can randomly say things in unison unintentionally. 

“Goddess of Dawn’s Children.” Everyone looks at each other shocked. Since being mated to werewolves I’ve only learned about there being a moon Goddess.

“It says here that there are four goddesses.” Jaylen looked at the page. 

“She’s the second youngest sister between the moon and sun goddess before the goddess of Dusk.” Jayden continued.

After reading the book there were still a lot of questions left unanswered… specifically about by birth parents and who I was or what I was.

We learned that my birth family’s pack came from the Moon and Dawn goddesses mating creating the New Moon’s founders and from their predecessors came my pack’s founders. 

My Pack was the Solar Eclipse Pack. My ancestors were in Ireland but emigrated to America some hundred years ago. Their names were Brianna and Finnan Lassar. Other than that everything was a mystery. 

“Maybe we should go to the source of all of this and go to the agency where you were adopted from.” Connor and Eric shared the same look of determination. 

Just after leaving my house and getting the address to the agency they adopted me from, we flew to Tennessee. What we found was not what I expected, and I groaned. 

Another dead end, just an empty plot where the building stood. 

"NC" I heard within the wind before it fades out. 

“What does NC mean?” I asked to no one specifically. 

Everyone looked at me like I was crazy.

“Did no one hear someone say NC?” 

“Babe, we didn’t hear a thing,” Connor says looking at me warily as to not upset me. 

“Maybe it means… no clue, someone search up the agency on their phone.” Jake rambles on a bit too optimistically for a highly stressful situation.  

Eric pulls out his phone and his phone smokes before he can even type anything in. 

“Come the freak on!” I yell into the sky. 

“Um, babe,” Connor says waving his phone.

I rub the back of my neck embarrassed.

“Sorry guys.” I mutter and sigh, feeling stressed and worried.

Connor types in the phone number before we all hear Self-Destruct Activated before his phone sparks and stops working. 

I couldn’t take it anymore so I broke down crying. My mates try to comfort me, and suddenly it starts to rain adding to my already depressed mood.

“Are you gentlemen all right?”

The most beautiful woman with the palest blue eyes with a hint of pink I’ve ever seen approaches us wearing a dawn daydreams multicolor ombre maxi dress and blonde hair… don’t judge, Da is highly into fashion. 

“Oh my, where are my manners? ” She giggles, and it was like the sun just rose, and it was the perfect brightness. 

“My name is Oriana Soli.” We just stood there unable to move or speak. 

“Well… ok then, bye!” She dashed off like a bat out of hell. 

When she left we broke out of our trance-like state and then a payphone rang.

Was that there the whole time?

Sawyer answered the phone and then his face lost all color.

“We need to go to North Carolina, like now.” The tone in his voice was scary. 

"No baby, we are staying home. You are close to giving birth and I am not going to miss my son being born, I wasn't there when Connor was born so I'm not missing the birth of our son." Jake said taking Sawyer's hand in his.

We all boarded the next flight to tell Danny and Ben they were in charge until we got back. It took about 5-6 hours before we touched down. Being here gave me the chills. Soon enough it felt like I was being watched but everyone else was unaffected. 

“Are you guys tourists?” We heard a voice from behind us so we turned around to see a woman standing there smiling wide at us.

What is with all the random people suddenly? 

“Yes, ma’am.” Eric sounding all formal like it’s a business deal. 

“Perfect!” She spun around her blue Ombre Halter Cover-up Dress blowing in the wind. 

Without another word, we followed her… I hope we finally get some answers.

Authors note:

A fellow author helped write this chapter with me, his name is @Luke051297. These ideas were mostly his so thank you Luke!