Meeting my family

Skylar POV

I prepared myself for this as best I could but standing at the door to many of the conference rooms the hotel has, my nerves are shot. My birth family is behind that door. My dads along with my mates are with me, waiting patiently for me to reach my hand out, twist the knob and walk in but I can't do it.

"I got it." Da said and placed his hand on my shoulder and with his other hand, opened the door to reveal people who looked a lot like myself.

I saw a short beautiful woman, about five feet five inches with long dark brown wavy hair, grey eyes and a wide smile with tears in her eyes. Next to her, a tall muscular man, about six feet with deep blue eyes and dimples. Another man who is younger than the man but older than me is about the same height as the man but he has my eye color and hair color, it's unbelievable how we all look alike in some way. Next, I see the man who I saw as a brother standing slightly behind to the side of the others, Joe. I burst into tears seeing him and he came over to me and wrapped his arms around me and hugged me tightly.

"I missed you Finian, so very much." He whispered as he hugged me.

"I missed you too Joe." I barely managed to say through my sobs as I held onto my favorite person in my life, well besides my mates and dads.

"I want you to meet your family Finian, your birth family who are truly amazing people," Joe said and let me go, he wiped my tears and kissed my cheek.

"Alright, and I have two wonderful amazing men I want you to meet as well, my mates."

"Ok. Come, this is your father Beacan, your mother Ryleigh and your older brother, Declan. Everyone this is Skylar, also known to you as Finian." Joe introduced us and I felt three pairs of arms wrap around me and hugged from all three of them. I tried to hug them back but my arms were trapped so I just waited until they let go which doesn't seem like it will be soon.

"Hi Finian, I have waited so many years for this moment. Let's sit down and talk." My mother said when she finally let her hold on me go. We sit at the long table, my dad's on either side of Connor and Eric who sat beside me. Joe beside da and my birth family on the other side of the table in front of us.

"So Finian, how have you been?" Declan asked to fill the silence in the room.

"I've been alright, my dad's gave me a good life, I met my two mates with our move to Oregon a few months ago and they are both having pups. I couldn't be happier with how my life is now. How have you all been? I know I just found out about you all, about my history and who I am so I really don't know how it is you felt all those years I was missing. I do understand the feeling of wanting to know where I came from and wondering who you all were. The story I was told is not what I had imagined though." I said looking at them, taking in how they look since we're a lot closer now.

"It has not been easy, the moment you were taken from us, ripped out of our lives for selfish reasons on Keriana's part. Scared of a baby, of taking over your rightful place as pack heir and leader. She was and still is power crazed and with you out of the picture, she thinks your powers will go to her if you die which isn't true. You were born with them, not given as a gift from someone else through blood or magic. We have tried to explain this to her before you were even born because she had voiced her plans to someone in the pack and they came to us right away. She was able to get through the spells we had around the mansion and around you, that's how she was able to take you. She grew frustrated and burnt down the mansion when she realized you weren't in your crib so she killed all the guards who were ordered to protect you. We had no idea where she took you, she covered her steps well after she caught up to Joe in the woods. I had told him to run with you as far as he could with you and I casted an invisibility spell on you both so she wouldn't be able to find you but she did. He managed to cast a spell on you, a spell that made you seem human and no scent of a wolf or any hint of your power. He made the decision to let you go so you can live. He did his job as your protector but he also knew it would be impossible to find you before you were of age like you are now. It was just pure luck that he met Liz, your dad's sister and he found you. He sent a crypted message to us letting us know he had found you but he didn't give any details on your location or who you were, only that he found you. If you didn't look like us and he didn't do a DNA test, we still wouldn't know you were alive or where you were. We know you don't trust us which is alright because we're strangers to you but Finian, just know we are grateful you are alive and had a wonderful life, raised by two amazing men who we couldn't even begin to thank. I am just so happy to see you, to be able to talk to you, to just be near you." My mother looked at me as tears fell from her eyes, my dad and brother didn't look much better. After her explanation, things made more sense and I had a better understanding about the situation of what happened to me.

"Wow, I didn't know it was that bad. Thank you Joe for what you did, if it weren't for you, I'd more than likely be dead right now. You have given me my life so I owe my life to you but I also am sorry you had to do what you did because you all went through a lot of pain for so many years not knowing if I was alive or not, thinking the worst..." I was cut off by Connor grabbing onto my arm, his breathing getting heavy and his face losing all color.

"My love, what's going on?" I asked when he squeezed my arm even harder. I got off my chair and moved his chair so I could get a better look at him and I noticed he was sweating and wasn't looking well.

"We need to get him some help!" I yelled at anyone in the room. Dad and da shot up from their seats and suddenly we weren't in the hotel room anymore, we were all in the pack clinic. Gotta love Diana and her powers.

Jaylen jumped back when he saw all of us standing there and he noticed Connor in dad's arms and he directed us to a room and dad put Connor on the bed and backed up. Everyone but Eric and I went into the waiting room. Jaylen looked over Connor and started an I.V. for fluids and he didn't seem to worry about his condition which is a relief.

"I think his wolf is fully an omega, which is why if you had noticed over the past couple days that his body has gotten smaller, his muscle mass that is. He won't shrink in height so don't worry about that but his wolf when he shifts will be smaller. He will be ok in a few days once his wolf is done changing but for now, he needs to stay here. Don't worry Skylar, he will be alright."

"And the pup?" I asked worried since his wolf is changing, that means the pup will have less room to grow.

"The pup will be fine, his wolf changing won't harm the pup. You should know by now wolves protect their young so no need to worry. Everything will be ok. How about you take a few minutes with him and go get some rest, you don't look so good yourself. Are you alright?" Jaylen asked me looking me up and down.

"Yes, just had an eventful past couple days. I will fill you all in on it later. How's Jake and Sawyer, any news on Collen yet?"

"Not yet, Sawyer was in here yesterday for a check up and he is close to giving birth so he is now on bedrest full time, no more five minutes out of bed. We got them to this point, just need to get him here safely."

"That's good to hear, that's one lesser worry for me. Thank you."

"No problem. I'll give you three a few minutes and then you go home to get some rest." Jaylen walked out and I looked over at the bed and saw Connor's color had returned slightly which is good. Eric and I sat on the edge of the bed, taking his hands in ours and kissed them. Eric giggled a sweet giggle when he noticed we both did the same thing.

"I love your giggle, it's so adorable and a sound I needed to hear right now." I told him honestly and he blushed and smiled at me.

"Today has been a lot huh? How are you doing?" He asked me but I shook my head.

"Let's focus on Connor right now, worry about me later." I said but Eric didn't like that with the look he gave me but he didn't say anything.

"I know you're going to be ok my love but please, get back to me soon. I can't not have you by my side right now so just come back as soon as you can. I love you, I will be back in a little bit. I need to go home for a little while to have some time to think everything over and to spend some time with everyone. I promise I will be back soon though so you just rest alright? I love you." I kissed his lips softly and he kissed me back.

"Alright darlin' I love you too. Eric are you going with him or staying here?" Connor asked, looking at Eric.

"I'm going to go with him if you don't mind."

"No of course not, go. I'll be ok, I have my uncle here to bother while you're gone." Connor chuckled and Eric kissed him and with that, we walked out of the room and met with everyone in the waiting room and again, Diana's powers had us at my house in the blink of an eye.

"I need to learn how to do that! Saves so much time and will save money on gas." I said when we landed. Everyone laughed at my excitement and I just shrugged. I was about to walk to the stairs to go to my room for a shower but a knock on the door had me turning around to go answer it.

I did not expect to see a man holding a wolf who looked exactly like Sam in his arms.

"SAM?!" I shouted and next thing I know, my world goes black and I fainted.