First steps to a brighter future

Connor POV

"I met Sam." Eric said as he walked into my room.

"You did? What do you think of him?" I asked as he cuddled up to me on my bed.

"He seems alright I guess, it wasn't a long meeting, Skylar introduced us and we exchanged a few words. Skylar is with him now, they are in the next room. He told me I should eat and rest but I don't want to be too far away from you both. Seeing you both here today, I didn't know what to think with both of you in the clinic at the same time, my nerves were shot. I'm just relieved you two are ok, I can't go through that again, not having you both be ok." He said and I rubbed his back gently and closed my eyes.

"We didn't exactly plan on this to happen but I understand and I'll try to not do it again. How are you feeling? How are our pups doing?" I asked and he looked up at me and smiled.

"Active, they are moving a lot today. I feel fine, just hungry and tired. I should get some sleep but like I said, I don't want to leave you."

"Go to sleep but first, here. Uncle Jaylen brought in a lot of food for me earlier so I have extra. Eat and sleep right here, I'll hold you all night long." I grabbed a bag of the food I had on the table beside the bed and Eric sat up and started eating the burger that was in there.

"How are you feeling, are you in any pain with the changes?" He asked in between bites.

"Once in a while I feel sharp pains in different areas of my body, they are quick and sharp but fade like nothing happened. Goren is taking most of the pain, I can tell which I don't like but he is doing it to protect our pup."

"That is what our wolves do, take most if not all of our pain. Tank did that a lot for me, I couldn't even begin to thank him for it either."

"Once we have some time, we should go on a run, let them out to bond and mate. Goren has been wanting to for a while but with everything that has happened, we couldn't but with Skylar becoming a wolf soon, I think it would be a good bonding time for us."

"I love that idea. First you need to have your strength back, Skylar needs to be a wolf and not be in pain when he shifts, the first few will hurt and take a lot out of him so once he has control over his shifts with no pain, we can do it."

"Sounds like a plan. Are you done or do you want something else? I have more if you are still hungry." I asked when I noticed he was finished with his food.

"I'm good for now, I just want to lay down and cuddle with you and go to sleep." He said and got up to throw the bag and wrapper away and laid back down next to me. He put his head on my chest and his right leg went in between mine. I wrapped my arms around him and pulled the cover up over us and shut my eyes to go to sleep.

"I love you." Eric said and kissed my chest.

"I love you too." I said and kissed his head of soft fluffy hair that tickled my nose and drifted off to sleep.

The next morning I woke up to no Eric in bed and uncle Jaylen checking on me.

"Good morning." He said smiling when he saw I was awake.

"Good morning. How are things looking?" I asked when he took extra time checking the information on the pup. He sat in the chair next to my bed and sighed deeply.

"Connor with you having HIV and being pregnant, do you know the risks to the baby and yourself?" He asked in all seriousness.

"I didn't think the baby would be at risk since I have a wolf now to protect them."