Going through the motions

Adriel up top!

Jake POV

Flashback

These last four months have been hell, watching Connor spiral after recovering from his own kidnapping was too much. It took all his mates plus myself and Sawyer to restrain him before he could take off after Keri and the man in the hunter gear. When Keri decided to double-cross us by taking my grand-pups along with Skylar it was the worst day of our lives since Connor's kidnapping and I prayed they'd return safely and thank goodness they were all alive. Skylar went through hell with his detox.

When he recovered from that, that's when the paranoia set in. Connor wanted to celebrate having his family back so I had offered to take the babies with me to my house and bathe them and have them spend the night so they could be alone and I guess that set Skylar off as he pointed to me growling and soon enough I was imprisoned in eternal darkness.

I have no idea how long I was in there until I was back in the alpha suite. Connor and Sam had a cloaked figure against a wall and Eric were cradling and shaking an unconscious Skylar.

"What happened to Skylar and who is that?" I asked a bit stressed and panicked thinking Keri had escaped and this was another attempt at my family's life.

"He won't wake up." Eric said crying and holding a limp Skylar to his chest. Poor guy still feels bad about lashing out at Skylar no matter how many times we tell him it wasn't his fault.

"Take that whoever or whatever it is to our new maximum-security cell." I ordered looking over to Connor and Sam as they knocked him out, dragging him away.

"Take him to the infirmary." He nods walking out with Skylar in his arms and I groan.

I went to the cells and I found the figure chained to the wall and his head hung. I've had about enough of people messing with my family and thinking they can get away with it.

I unchained him from the wall and handcuffed him to the table we use for questioning.

"Who are you and what are you doing here?" The figure looked up at me and his green eyes looked back at me and they were so mesmerizing. I pulled back his hood and my knees went weak, his aura was suffocating. He smelled of fresh rain and evergreen trees. There's only one creature that smelled so... divine, he was an angel, and of high ranks at that.

"W-why is an angel of your status visiting my lands?

"My name is Adriel, the queen, Gia and king, Orion sent me as a protector of your grand-pups as well as the pack." He got up and kneeled with respect.

"I will protect you all with my life."

End of Flashback

It's been a week or so since Skylar was knocked out by that spell. Adriel has been well-liked by everyone and after he woke Skylar explaining everything to him and how he thought it was an intruder and instinctively cast a sleeping spell, everything was going great. Everyone can finally breathe and life can return to normal.

Adriel is a blessing to have around. He is always with the babies, and he clears it with my son and his mates before anyone even can see them, and if they deny the person, they are gently escorted away and if they are granted permission, he lets them in the room. Not many make it past the door through which I can't blame any of them for doing so. Collen spends a lot of time with them and he has grown fond of Adriel as he got to know the angel. It's cute seeing my son reach out for him when he sees him and wants his attention, Adriel can't help but smile and hold him close, cuddling Collen like it's the most natural thing in the world.

Adriel looks relaxed and content holding Collen and sitting in the middle of the room, watching the babies as they slept.

"Drel" I heard Collen say and smacked Adriels cheeks gently, causing him to grab Collens hands and gently nibble on them and kiss them. I was standing at the doorway, just watching them all.

"Yes my sweet boy?" Adriel asked looking at Collen and smiled softly while running his fingers through Collens' hair.

"Eat." Collen said and giggled when Adriel tickled his tummy.

"Alright, let's see if dinner is close to being done, don't want to ruin your appetite and your papa has my hide." He smiles when Collen giggles, like he knows Adriel would be in trouble if he ruined Collens dinner.

"It'll be ready soon, why don't you go take a break, you have been in this room for days, go outside and take in some fresh air. I'm going to take the babies to the dining room, it's their feeding time and their mama and papa are full so they need to feed the babies." I said and he nodded, kissed Collens cheek and the babies foreheads and disappeared from the room.

Sawyer came into the room to help with the pups and we each carried them and he had Collen into the dining room where Eric and Connor already had their shirts off, ready to nurse their babies. The first time they were able to feed them, they both cried. I hated seeing them go through pain for three months, being away from their babies and mate. Having a child and then they are taken, with the hormones being so high, depression had hit them hard and fast so when we rescued them, they slowly got back to themselves and can properly take care of the pups.

"Hi my beautiful family." Skylar said as he entered the dining room, shirtless and sweating and filthy.

"What happened to you?" Eric asked looking over Skylar, seeing if he's ok.

"I was just training with Sam and the unit. It's intense stuff. I'm gonna go shower and I'll join you all for dinner. By the time I'm done, you both should be about done giving them their dinner." He kissed the boys and went to shower.

"He's going to run himself into the ground with how much he trains." Sam said coming into the room.

"I know but he wants to be stronger, more powerful in case anything happens again." I said and Adriel walked in.

"Nothing will happen so long as I'm here and I'm here, for good." He said and glanced at Collen and smiled when he squealed.

"Hi my sweet boy, are you getting impatient waiting to eat? I bet you are but you need to be patient alright? Your brother in law will be done soon." He ruffled Collen's hair and he giggled, looking up at the angel with shining eyes and Adriel smiles at him. They're cute to watch together.

Skylar walked back into the room looking refreshed and clean, sat at the head of the table, his mates on either side of him and everyone else sat down.

"Dinner looks wonderful Danny. We haven't had your pizza in a long time." Skylar commented and daddy smiled at him.

"Well it was time to make it, my boys know that I only make it when there is good news but I don't have any, just thankful we're all together again, safe and healthy. Nine months ago you came into our lives Skylar and since, it's been wonderful except the bad things but the most wonderful thing I had seen is Connor and how he is so much better now. He isn't scared, he doesn't cower away when we try to hug him, he is more open now and it started because you moved into town. You don't know how grateful we all are that you saved him, in many ways. You brought this family back to how it was many years ago as well. Then we met Eric, a shy soft spoken wolf on the run, you have done so much for Connor, and Sam, you as well. You all have in your own way and I know I can speak for everyone at this table when I say thank you, thank you for saving him and healing him. We love you boys." Daddy said and the boys had tears in their eyes.

"We love you all too. I'm grateful you all took me in when I was technically a rogue, you didn't know me but you took my word on what happened and opened your hearts and home to me. If it weren't for that, I wouldn't have my mates and children. Thank you." Eric said and Skylar kissed his cheek and Eric blushed. It's nice seeing them like this again and not the rift between them like before.

"We love each other, can we eat now though? I'm starving." Den said earning a smack to the back of his head from Alek causing everyone to chuckle.

"Yes yes let's eat." Papa said and we all served ourselves and as we were eating, I just watched them all laugh and talk about anything and everything, enjoying being together as a family again.