→ You're linked with them ←

First off, shoutout to GiaDaBee for inspiring me with this scenario! Next, there will be FighterZ spoilers! So read at your own risk! And finally, for the sake of this story, Bulma will exist in this scenario, but she isn't dating Vegeta!

***

' Goku °

You weren't accustom to not being in your body, or fighting for someone else entirely. Luckily, you weren't entirely alone as Goku and Bulma weren't use to this situation either. You three really just used what you knew and started from there.

Despite all the negatives, you tried your best to stay positive. I mean, you were linked to the strongest fighter in the world! You were very lucky on that pull.

At some point, while you and Goku were waiting for Bulma to build something to help you both with these waves, you had some time to spend together. You both sat crisscross as you faced each other.

"...What do you think they were gonna do with me?" You asked suddenly.
"Hm? What do you mean by that?" Goku placed his hand behind his head.
"I mean... Android 16 called me out, you know, saying 'you who is linked with Goku'. You think they were gonna use me for something?" You both started to wonder at the question you asked.

There was a pause as you both thought of all of the possible reasons. "Well... It doesn't matter anyway."
"Huh? Why say that?"
"Well, one thing is clear, I'm not gonna let anything happen to you! And not because you're really helpful in this situation we're in, but because friends always protect each other!" You blushed when you heard Goku say that. You soon look down.
"Y-Yeah, you're right..."

"Hey, once this is over, let's have a spar! You seem pretty strong now, and will definitely be stronger once this is all over with, so there's no doubt that you'll make an amazing sparring partner! What do you say?" You smiled and nodded, truly excited for what was to come after you had dealt with these waves.

' Vegeta °

It didn't take long for you to figure out that Vegeta was stern about this situation and the concept of linking. So you generally kept quiet when it came to the chance of talking to him. Sometimes, Vegeta would try to pop a question, probably to stop the long silence between you two.

"Stupid Kakarot, letting Frieza getaway like that." You heard Vegeta mumbling to himself. "He should've known better, especially since he knew what Ginyu and his allies were capable of," Vegeta said as he raises his voice, supposedly meaning that he wants you to listen to what he has to say and remember it.

"...I understand where you're coming from, but you gotta give them some slack-"
"And where were you when they were frozen? Surely you couldn't have been affected by the attack." Vegeta cut you off and suddenly ask.

"I- Well- First off, I was checking up on you, making sure you were still breathing. Secondly, that's not how linking works, I can't do anything if I'm not linked to someone."
"Did you say you were 'checking up on me?'"
"Yeah, while those three were fighting Frieza and Ginyu's gang, I was making sure you were alive. It looked like you were dead from afar..."

Vegeta looked down, slightly embarrassed to be seen as a weak figure. "That's it, once we get rid of these damn waves, I'm going go back and fight Frieza! While I'm at it, I'll send Cell back to hell too!" Vegeta announced.
"T-then let me fight too! You'll probably get the higher ground if we're linked together!" You requested.