Chapter 11: Deandre

I tried getting his face out of my head.

His clear peanut butter skin was clear except for acne on his lower jaw and a small scar next to his eye.

Even when I was mid-fuck with one of my regulars, his face wouldn't leave my head. His voice played in my ear; clear, soft, but had a firm element. He spoke eloquently; he had all the things you would expect of a college graduate.

"Milo, Milo, Milo," I said, thinking about his smell. The scent of vanilla and eucalyptus clung to his clothing. He was a force. When he stared Opal down at gunpoint, I knew I would have to know more about the kid. He only looked six years younger than me but had about as much wisdom as I did. Milo was the strategist I needed in the organization.

Seeing Aurelio was also a treat. I laughed in my hotel room thinking about the times our arguments would end in us in bed. The good times, just us, a willing bottom, and our emotions turned up to the max. We had worked so well until we didn't. I would be a liar if I said I didn't miss those times. I could tell Aurelio missed how we used to be since he had partnered with the ideal third for us.

Aurelio was a major alcoholic when he was lonely, he had been out of control growing up which landed him in the middle of nowhere Tennessee. I had wanted to meet Milo to make sure he was not taking advantage of the obvious character flaw. I couldn't find anything alarming. When I saw Aurelio not drunk, I knew he was serious about Milo.

Getting out of bed, I walked to the bathroom and took a piss. My head rolled back as I relieved myself, thinking when I wanted to head over to the ranch. I hated the town Aurelio had settled in. It was too hot, empty, and boring for me to consider as a home. I lived in the middle of the mountains in northern Mexico and still found San Angelo more remote than my plot. I also hated Texas since it was where my family had settled. There were too many memories floating around.

When I finished pissing, I washed my hands and brushed my teeth before putting on an unremarkable outfit since anything I normally wore would have drawn too much attention. We needed to blend into the community for the time being so a mustard shirt, blue jeans, and yellow shoes had to do. I hated dressing down; my dad taught me to never wear rags when you were royalty. I lived like royalty, except I ruled the underbelly of society. I left out of my room after tossing some money on the bed for the cleaning crew.

I was not a fan of driving in unfamiliar places, so I called a car to the hotel. While I waited, I went to the bar that had opened at noon, so well over two hours ago. I ordered a basic margarita to cool me off before I went into the dry heat. The bartender was the man I had bent over the night before. He blushed when he saw me and made my drink without a word. He was unremarkable as soon as I left town I'd forget we were ever together.

The app dinged, letting me know the car was out front. I left a good tip and then left; it was a black Nissan. I got in the back and said hello to the driver, an older Black-American man. He talked about his kids while I drifted in and out of the conversation. He was nice, but I had a lot on my mind. He drove me all the way to the gates of Aurelio's ranch and I got out, thanking him for the nice ride and rated him highly.

The sun was unforgiving, I could feel myself sweat almost immediately. I hit the call button on the keypad and waited for an answer. They thought I had gone back to Mexico yesterday, but I had no reason to rush back. Aurelio answered by buzzing the gate open seeing me on the camera attached to a pole above the keypad.

"Wait behind the gate, I'll send a maid to pick you up," I annoyed him, for a hitman he had a terrible neutral voice or maybe I just knew him too well.

I walked behind the gate as it closed and looked at the long winding driveway. He had a good amount of land. Enough that if they raided it, he had time to rush out of the back safely. A beat up Ford truck rolled down and stopped in front of me. An older latina with her hair a mane of large curls was inside. "Gracias," I thanked her for picking me up. She smiled, showing all of her teeth, and drove back up to the ranch house. I thanked her a second time and handed her a hundred-dollar bill before walking into the house.