Chapter 1

I’ve decided I don’t particularly like running away from things. It seems weak to me but in some situations it’s just necessary. I think the worst part of being a supernatural creature is that some have mates and the stupid alphas don’t ever let up until they get what they want or the female their after is mated to another. Welcome to my world at the moment. I’m Allie Koti. I’m a Were. A snow leopard to be exact and I have recently come of mating age. Snow leopards are extremely rare in the were race and every male were-cat out there wants me as their mate. All the alphas in the area have been chasing me for six weeks now and I’m starting to get tired. I refuse to be the mate to some pig headed, dominant alpha and I haven’t stopped running. But everyone gets tired. Even the supernatural. This leaves me to where I am now. Whitechappel. I have heard this town attracts the supernatural and that a fair few live here as well. It’s freezing here! And all I’m wearing is a pair of denim shorts and black crop top. That’s all I could tie to my leg why I was in my other form. I’m jogging bare foot down the path trying to fin somewhere to stay for the night, I might have to turn back and sleep in the woods in my snow leopard form. There’s no one outside! I’ve passed that many houses and no one is around! I’ve passed that many houses and no one is around. I slowed to a walk and put my head down trying to black out the wind that’s icing my body. I stopped walking when I felt the presence of someone not far ahead. I slowly lift my head to see an older lady with a calm smile looking at me. I could feel that she wasn’t just a human. I looked at her warily.

‘It’s ok I won’t hurt you love. Please come inside so you can warm up.’

I hesitated but followed her inside the house. I walked into the living room after her and watched as she sat down.

‘Please sit down dear.’

‘If you don’t mind I would like to stand for now.’

She nodded her head understanding how I feel.

‘If you don’t mind me asking what are you? I can feel that you’re something to do with the supernatural.’

She smiled. ‘I was wondering how long it would take you to ask me that. I’m an earth priestess and one of the longest generations too. I’m a Weir.’

I had heard about that line of earth priestess’ it had been told not many of the family where known to still be alive.

‘Do you know what I am?’ I asked her curiously.

‘I do indeed dear. You’re a were, a snow leopard to be exact. You have come of age and have been on the run from alpha were-cats for about six weeks.’

I nodded my head. I had a feeling she already knew all about me. Earth priestess’ have a way of being able to tell what species the supernatural are. ‘I’m sick of running it’s not me to run from things but I can’t give in to them. I want to find my actual mate not some dominant alpha.’

‘I find that quiet understandable.’

I take a seat on the couch across from her. ‘Could you tell me a bit about this town please?’

‘Of course I can. This town has always attracted the supernatural creatures, mainly vampires though but lately a few other species have appeared. My grandson is a spell master but from his father’s side he inherits something else which he will tell you about in time. His best friend Ethan Morgan is a seer and a very strong one.’

‘Would they mind you telling me this?’

‘Not really dear, you would find out anyway.’

I nodded. She was right.

‘Sorry, please continue.’

‘Right, yes Ethan has pretty strong visions and both him and Benny are evil vampire hunters. There is a boy the same age as them, Rory who is a full vampire and two girls a year older then them. Sarah and Erica who are also full vampires.

I nodded taking this in. ‘Are all these people nice?’

‘Erica comes off a bit strong but she’s ok once you get to know her. Sarah is protective of her friends and the boys get along with anyone, so your pretty right just be yourself.’

I heard a noise outside followed by the feeling of a powerful source. I jumped off the couch and stood ready to phase if I had to run.

‘It’s ok its just Benny and his friends.’

I continued to stand while they walked in. The girls came in first kind of weary and on guard, I’m pretty sure they sensed I was here. I then saw the three boys walk into the room also a bit weary of what’s going on.

‘Mrs. Weir what’s going on?’ Asked the shorter girl.

‘Everyone I would like you to meet Allie, she is going to be staying with us for a while.’

‘Really grandma? Awesome!’ Spoke the tallest boy, which I’m guessing is Benny.
‘Yes Benny, really but she will be staying in the spare bedroom.’

‘Mrs. Weir you really don’t have to do that, I will be per-‘

‘Nonsense! You will be staying here where you’ll be safe. Unless you would rather be out in the woods running from alphas?’

‘Staying here sounds great! Thank you.’ I said quickly with a smile.

‘What alphas?’ Asked the blonde.

‘All in good time Erica.’ Replied Mrs. Weir.

Ok so blondie is Erica.

‘Ok Allie you know who Erica is, this is Sarah.’ She said pointing towards the shorter girl.

‘It’s nice to meet you.’ She said shaking my hand. I smiled in response.

‘And these two boys are Ethan and Rory.’

Ethan stuck out his hand for me to shake, I grabbed it and felt him go rigid and noticed his eyes went white. I realised he was having a visions. Rory pushed him aside and vigorously shook my hand.

‘It’s great to meet you babe.’

I growled at him and he jumped and backed away.

‘Don’t call me babe and we won’t have any problems yeah?’ I asked him. He gulped and nodded his head.

I noticed Ethan had a weird look on his face thinking about what he had just saw. I realised he would of saw something to do with me. Which he knows what I am.

‘And this my dear is my grandson Benny.’

I turned to him and went to shake his hand. When our hands met I felt an odd sensation run through my hand, up my arm and continue through my whole body. I jumped a little and looked up to see if he had felt the same thing. My eyes met his and I forgot everything. All of a sudden all I cared about was him.

Oh my god… I think I just found my mate.

Benny’s possessive growl brought me back to reality.

‘Mine!’ He growled out.

I shook as he backed me into the wall and inhaled my scent. I was trying to push him off of me while also trying to phase. But something was stopping me. It’s like something had blocked me from shifting. I looked up into Benny’s eyes to see them fully black. I gasped. I pulled my eyes away from his to see everyone trying to help but unable to due to Benny holding them back with some sort of invisible force. What ever Benny also is apart from a spell master is bloody strong! I could see out of the corner of my eye Mrs. Weir saying something and Benny fell to the floor unconscious. I bent down shaking and trying to catch my breath. When I stood up I saw everyone looking at me with concerned looks. I turned to Mrs. Weir.

‘What is he? I know you said he would tell me eventually but after that I need to know what I’m dealing with.’

She nodded. ‘Apart from being a spell master Benny is also part demon and your mate.’

‘Part demon! Are you kidding me? I need to get out of here.’

‘Allie he’s your actual mate, that’s what you were looking for.’

‘I know and don’t get me wrong I do feel a massive pull towards your grandson but he’s possessive and he wants to mark me. I’m not ready for that!’

‘I actually agree with Allie, Mrs. Weir, I wouldn’t like someone that I didn’t know to mark me.’ Sarah said.

‘Vampires don’t have mates do they?’ Ethan asked confused.

‘No just were’s.’ I told him.

‘Benny won’t be able to be in control of his demon side until you’re marked. Once he’s marked you he won’t loose control again.’

I looked at her, then at Benny who was still unconscious. He stirred and I backed up while Ethan and Rory got in front of me with Sarah and Erica each side of me. He slowly woke up and sat up holding his head. I watched as he rubbed his eyes and stood up looking around. His eyes settled on mine and he let out a low growl. His eyes then went to Ethan and Rory who where still standing in front of me. He narrowed his eyes at them and I quickly pushed in front of them and placed his hands on my waist pulling me into his chest. I let him hold me there for a moment until he relaxed a bit then pulled back.

‘Benny we need to talk about this.’ I looked into his eyes to see if he was in control before continuing.

‘We have to work something out.’

‘What is there to talk about? You’re my mate.’

I sighed. He’s stubborn…Great.

‘I know you want to mark me but-‘

‘And I will do it soon, I’m not going to let my mate walk around unmarked where any alpha could grab and mark you there’s.’

‘I don’t even know you Benny! And as for an alpha grabbing me I’ve been on the run from them for six weeks and none of them have caught me!’

‘And you won’t have to run anymore or be on your guard all the time, just let me mark you!’

‘Benny please don’t do this.’

‘I can’t keep the demon under control that well at the moment Allie. I’m trying to help.’

‘I don’t want your help right now Benny. I want you to respect my wishes and get to know me first.’

He sighed and rubbed his face. ‘Fine but I won’t give up.’

I looked straight into his eyes.

‘Good neither will I.’