Chapter 6

I woke up with my back to Benny’s chest and his strong arms wrapped firmly and protectively around my waist. His face was tucked into my neck and I could feel his soft breathes against my skin. I gently placed my hands on his arms and tried to pull them off me without him waking up. As I pulled on them he tightened his grip and pulled me closer to him.

‘Not ready to get up yet.’ He mumbled into my neck.

‘Yeah well I am. Let me go and you can go back to sleep.’

‘No. You’re not getting up until I do.’ He replied.

‘Do you really want to fight this early Benny?’ I asked him while turning around to face him.

‘Not really but your still not getting up.’

I huffed in annoyance.

‘Why the hell not? I’m just going down stairs!’ I said getting irritated now.

‘Because someone might grab you.’ He said calmly without opening his eyes.

‘Are you serious? We’re both in the same house Benny!’ I almost shouted.

‘Keep your voice down, I’m right here.’

Ok he was being way to calm about this.

‘Just let me go!’

‘No if you won’t let me mark you then fine, I’m not letting you out of my sight.’

Ah so that’s what’s this is about. He’s trying to get me to give in; well two can play this game.

I placed one hand against his chest and brought the other up to stroke his cheek. I watched him open his eyes a little to look at me.

‘What are you doing?’ He asked me amused.

‘What I’m not allowed to touch my mate?’ I asked him with a slight smile on my face.

‘No you can…but a minute ago you were trying to get out of my arms.’

‘I’m doing it your way. I’m not giving in but if this is what you want for now then fine.’

He opened his eyes fully and looked at me trying to see if I was lying or not, while he was starting to smile I continued to stroke his cheek and turned my attention to his lips.  I lent forward and he met me half way returning my kiss. As soon as his hands loosened and moved to my hips I pulled away and jumped back. Unfortunately falling on the ground but I quickly jumped back up and ran out the door slamming it behind me. I giggled as I heard a loud growl coming from my room, which of course was from Benny. I heard a loud thump and I reached the bottom steps and I quickly skidded into the kitchen nearly running into Mrs Weir. She gave me a disapproving look.

‘What did you do?’

‘Not much other then tricking Benny into letting me go so I could get out of bed.’ I said with a smile.

She groaned.

‘Allie you need to meet Benny half way. He hasn’t marked you yet and we both know very well that he could of by now. But you need to do some of the simple things he’s requesting like now getting up until he does.’

‘But he wants to be everywhere I am! Doesn’t he know what personal space is! And beside’s I don’t want to do everything he say’s and we both know that even if he did mark me I would still be like this but probably worse.’ I said smiling, quiet proud of myself.

She looked at me sternly.

‘And where all going to find out what that’s like soon enough if you don’t start cooperating with him.’

My smile faulted.

‘What do you mean?’

‘I mean that if you don’t start cooperating with him then he will go ahead and mark you and no one, not even I will be able to stop him.’

I looked at her face for any sign that she was just trying to scare me. She wasn’t. She was dead serious and it actually scared me.

I didn’t say anything to her I just turned around and ran back upstairs barging into my room. Benny was in his demon form facing the wall with his hands in fist’s resting against it; he was trying to calm his breathing down. I realise now that he is actually trying to stop himself from just marking me and I’m really not doing anything to help that matter. Not one bit at all.

I took careful steps towards him. He turned his head slightly to look at me but then looked at the wall again.

‘What are you doing here? Have you come back to trick me so you can get the hell out of here.’
I instantly felt bad. He sounded hurt and betrayed and well I guess he was, he didn’t deserve what I did before.

I took and other couple of steps but stoped and back up a few when he growled.

I looked at the ground.

‘I’m sorry Benny I didn’t realise how much this hurts you and how much trouble you have controlling your demon just because I asked you to. I’m sorry and I’m willing to meet you half way with all of this.’

I look up and watched as his breathing returned to normal and he stood up properly to face me.

‘Are you being serious or is this another trick?’

‘No I’m being serious this time I promise.’

I didn’t move as he walked towards me and wrapped his arms around my back pulling me into his chest.

‘I’m just scared of losing you Allie.’ He whispered into my ears.

‘I know and I understand but I just like to have personal space, I’m my own person and I don’t need protecting all the time Benny. I’m not incapable of protecting myself.’

‘I know that, it’s just more of the fact of you going out by yourself unmarked there is still a chance of you getting marked by another and I will not let that happen. I know I seem to be repeating myself but you need to understand that.’

I nodded and lent my head against his shoulder and wrapped my arms around him. He pulled me closer and I relaxed against him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was just after lunch, Mrs weir and I had convinced Benny into letting Ethan, Sarah, Erica and Rory come over for a while seeming he didn’t want us leaving the house. As soon as they got here Mrs Weir left to go down the street leaving us in the house alone.

I was curled up against Benny’s side on the love seat. He has his arm around my shoulder and mine where wrapped around his waist with my head resting against his chest. I was watching and listening to the group of friend’s talk and catch up with each other.

‘So when are you coming back to school Benny?’ Ethan asked him.

I had actually forgot all about school.

‘I can’t go back until Allie is at least marked.’ He replied.

‘What if I go to school too?’ I asked Benny carefully.

‘Definitely not.’

‘But what if I’m in all of the same classes as you? It actually would be good to go back to school; I haven’t been in a while. And we can go straight there and come home straight after it’s finished.’ I said hopefully.

He didn’t say anything but you could tell he was thinking about it and everyone else in the room stayed quiet.

‘And I will be with you all the time. I promise I won’t leave you or play any tricks.’ I added.

‘I don’t know Allie…’ he said slowly.

‘If I don’t’ keep that promise you can…’ I paused wondering if I really wanted to say this knowing what I’m like.

‘…You can mark me.’

He just looked at me and I think Sarah may have gasped at my words. I know it’s a risk but I’ll be getting out of the house, I knew after what happened I won’t be allowed to go for a run so this would have to do.

He didn’t take his eyes off mine as he spoke.

‘Did everyone hear that?’ He asked them.

I heard a collection of yes'.

Benny lent his forehead against mine. ‘I’m keeping you to that sweetheart so I would be careful if I was you.’ He said quietly.

I swallowed nervously knowing that I would have to be very careful and think before I acted.

‘I know.’ I whispered.

He placed a quick kiss on my lips before pulling away. I moved so my legs where over his lap and cuddled into him more as I felt his arms wrap tighter around me.

I heard him reply to his friends.

‘Well I guess where all going back to school tomorrow.’