Chapter 5

I slowly walked up the stairs still in my snow leopard form, I heard Benny get up and I picked up my pace getting into my room and closing the door with my head. I phased back and pulled on my underwear and a pair of black tracksuit pants I then grabbed a blue singlet and through that on just before Benny came charging through the door. He pushed my back onto the bed and straddled me. Quickly connecting my lips with his. I tried pushing against his chest with my hands but he just grabbed them and pushed them down above my head holding them down with one of his hands while the other held him up. I gave in a slowly started to kiss him back, which was obviously he what he wanted because he pulled back about a minute later.

‘Benny…’ I started but he cut me off.

‘I could have lost you tonight Allie.’ He said sadly and caring. He let go of my wrists and cupped my face with his hand, rubbing his thumb over my cheek. I stayed silent looking into his eyes.

‘I don’t want to take that chance again.’ I looked at him confused.

He lent down and started placing soft kisses down my neck. I moaned at the soft contact. He worked his way down into the crook of my neck before nipping it a little.

My eyes widened when I felt his fangs against my skin. I jumped and pushed him off me using all of my force. He landed on the ground at the end of my bed. I quickly stood up and ran to my door sliding out of it just before he got me. I ran down the stairs and into the lounge room.

‘ALLIE!’ I flinched as he yelled my name.

Mrs. Weir, Ethan and Sarah where all standing up facing me, I quickly jumped behind them as Benny appeared in the door way in his full demon form. He glared at Ethan and Sarah.

‘Move.’ He growled at them.

I growled low in my throat and Sarah hissed at him. Mrs. Weir stood in the middle of us all holding her hands up.

‘What is going on?’ She asked Benny and me.

‘He tried to mark me!’ I growled out.

She looked at Benny with a disappointed look on her face.

‘Benny you agreed to wait.’

‘I could of lost her tonight! And now I know the were prince is after her I am not taking chances. She’s my mate and I am not losing her.’ He sounded distressed.

Her face softened a bit from how distressed he sounded.

She looked back at me.

‘No.’

‘Allie you have to think how Benny feels as well.’

‘How do you think I feel! I don’t want to be his submissive!’

Ethan and Sarah’s held a confused expression while Mrs. Weir looked at me knowingly.

‘I was wondering how long it was going to take you to admit that.’

‘What do you mean submissive?’ Ethan asked.

‘With were mates there is always a dominant and submissive. The submissive can’t help but do anything their dominant tells them to do if they use a certain voice. A were dominant will treat there submissive as an equal to a certain degree and the dominant will always be concerned for the safety of his submissive and will be protective and possessive.’

I looked over to Benny.

‘But demon dominants…’ I trailed off and looked away from him.

‘There what Allie?’ Sarah asked gently placing a hand on my shoulder.

I shook my head. I could feel tears building up in my eyes just thinking about it. Mrs. Weir continued for me.

‘Demon dominants can be brutal. They don’t really take much notice to the feelings and comfort of their submissive. They don’t treat them as equals like the weres do. A were dominant will treasure there submissive, in a rare case a demon dominant may to some extent treat them right but it’s rare.’

She paused and walked up to me.

‘But Benny’s different Allie, he’s part human he won’t treat you like that you have to understand that.’

I slightly nodded and let the tears fall. I sniffed and Benny was all of a sudden in front of me pulling me to his chest and wrapping his arms securely around me. I buried my head into his chest while I cried.

‘Please stop crying Allie it hurts me to see you cry.’ He said softly to me.

‘See what I mean.’ Said Mrs. Weir.

I nodded and wrapped my arms around Benny’s waist and he held me tighter against him.

‘I really do care about you Allie I would never hurt you. I’m not like full demons I can promise you that.’

‘I’m scared.’ I admitted.

‘I know.’ He replied.

He pulled away from me before placing a soft kiss to my forehead.

I turned to face Ethan and Sarah.

‘I have never liked the idea of were mates. I don’t like the dominant and submissive parts.’

They nodded. ‘I don’t blame you Allie I would hate to be in your situation.’ Sarah said to me.

Benny growled. ‘There’s nothing you can say or do Benny, I’ve felt like this about it since I was little.’

He gave me a hard look and when I returned it he growled lower and went to walk towards me, but Mrs. Weir stepped in between us again.

‘Ok this needs to stop.’

‘Then let me get to her and all of this will stop.’

I growled at him and he looked taken aback.

‘You really don’t want this… do you?’ He asked me carefully.

‘No I don’t. Have you seriously just noticed that!’ I exclaimed.

He looked down a little bit sad. ‘Are you rejecting me?’ He asked me quietly.

‘What?’ I asked confused.

He looked up at me a bit.

‘You didn’t know you could do that?’

‘No. I’ve never heard of it before.’

‘How does it work?’ I asked Mrs. Weir hopefully.

She frowned at me.

‘Rejecting your mate is a big deal Allie. It’s not something to take lightly. The dominant would be crushed, your would fully break him and he wouldn’t see any point of living anymore.’

She paused letting me think about what she said. I looked over at Benny who was looking at me with sad eyes.

‘To reject your mate you need to say a sentence in full confidence if it was you saying it to Benny it would be. I Allie Koti reject Benjamin Weir as my mate.’ 

Benny winced as the words came out of his grandmother’s mouth.

I nodded and sat down in one of the arm chairs. I didn’t expect it to be that simple.

‘I guess now you know about it your going to reject me.’ Benny said sadly to me.

‘I…’ I didn’t know what to say. I honestly didn’t know if I really wanted to reject him or not. Did I really not want him as my mate? It’s not like I don’t feel anything, I remember the feeling when I looked into his eyes the shock that went up my arm and through my body. I would be lying if I said I didn’t have feelings for him because well he is my mate. I can’t help but have those feelings. Did I really want to be his submissive though? He’s really possessive and protective and he hasn’t even marked me yet!

I looked up at Benny who looked sad and worried, I looked him in the eyes and saw tears getting ready to fall. Was it really this painful for him to think about me rejecting him? I don’t think I could do it. He hasn’t hurt me yet and he has had many chances to mark me but he has stopped every time because I tell him I’m not ready yet. I can’t do that to him or to myself.

I go up and walked towards him. I stopped just in front of him and reached up brushing the tears away from his eyes with my thumb.

‘I’m not going to reject you.’ I said softly to him.

‘Really?’ He asked.

I nodded. ‘Really.’

He stood there just looking at me before grabbing me around the waist and pulling me to his chest. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he buried his face in mine.

‘I’ll try to control it, I promise. It’s just so hard to think of you not being mine and other were’s being able to claim you as there’s.’

I didn’t say anything. I really need to start thinking about how it’s affecting him.

I pulled back a bit and he stood up properly. He reached up and cupped my cheek with his hand and lent in. I stretched up as our lips met. He pulled me closer as they moved in sync with each other. I heard some awkward shuffling and we both pulled back. He rested his forehead against mine and gently ran his thumb over my cheek.

‘Your so beautiful Allie.’ I blush at his comment and looked down.

He put his fingers under my chin and pushed it back up again, looking into my eyes.

‘I love you.’ He said softly.

I didn’t know what to say.

‘I-Benny I…’ I stumbled to find words to say.

‘It’s ok. You don’t have to say it. I just wanted you to know that though.

I nodded and smiled at him.

‘Ok I think it’s time for bed everyone.’ Mrs. Weir announced.

‘Yeah I think we should be going Ethan.’ Sarah said.

‘Bye guys.’ I said giving them a little wave.

They gave me a smile before showing themselves out.

‘Off to bed you two.’ Mrs. Weir said to us.

I turned to her about to thank her when Benny picked me up into his arms and I squealed.

‘Benny put me down!’ I said laughing.

‘Na I’m good. Night Grandma.’

She chuckled. ‘Goodnight.’

Benny carried me up the stairs bridal style and kicked the door open with his foot before walking in and placing me on my bed. I couldn’t be bothered changing so I just pulled the covers back and crawled under them curling up into a ball wit my head on my pillow. I felt the other side of the bed dip and two arms pull me into a naked chest.

‘Benny get out.’ I said but I couldn’t help but curl into his side.

‘Go to sleep Allie.’ I growled lowly but didn’t move. I just let sleep over take me with the relaxing feeling of Benny’s fingers running through my hair.