Chapter 10

Cheerleading practise was actually a lot of fun; we went through the cheer routine and got it perfect by the end of practise. Coach was really happy with us and let us go half an hour early.

I had packed up all my stuff and said goodbye to all the girls and started walking back home. I had promised Benny that as soon as practise had finished I would come home and I was going to keep that promise after he had been so lenient today.

As I was walking home I couldn’t shake off the feeling as if I was being followed. I knew for a fact that it wasn’t Benny because I would be able to feel him. I felt a strange feeling come over me, which made me stop. I felt a tingling sensation fun from my toes all the way up my body. I looked around trying to spot anyone; no one was in plain sight. I heard movement from around me and I spun quickly to see two black panthers running at me, two guys that had not shifted came up behind them.  I tried shifting but I couldn’t.

I saw a girl standing behind them, she waved her fingers at me and it clicked. Spell Caster. I growled and turned around taking off in a sprint towards the house. I could hear them not far behind me.

I let out a yell as one of the panthers collided with me and sent me flying onto the hard ground. I sat up quickly looking around for a way out. The other two guys had shifted into lion’s and joined the panthers walking around me and growling. I whimpered when I realised that I couldn’t escape.

The girl walked closer towards me stopping just in front of me.

‘What do you want?’ I asked her angrily.

‘I was sent here by the prince, he was not happy that your little demon toy and his friends had managed to beat him.’

‘Benny is not my toy he is my mate!’ I growled at her.

‘You are to be the Princes’ mate!’ She said forcefully.

‘I’m already marked.’ I told her, pulling my hair away from my neck for her and the other’s to see.

‘Yes but the prince has had me research for a spell that can undo that and beside’s you have not mated yet.’

I didn’t reply. She was right though it was possible.

I felt Benny’s presence but I didn’t show it.

‘By the end of the night you will belong to the prince and Benny… well you know what will happen.’

I growled at her and went to get up but as I got to my feet Benny flew down and landed behind her.

‘I don’t think you will be going anywhere.’ Benny growled.

The were’s backed off at the sight of him and the girl turned around smirking at him.

‘He will get her. I’m not going to fight you today Demon because I know that you will win. But there will come a time that you won’t be with her and then she will belong to the prince.’

Benny growled loudly. But the girl just turned around and sprinted off back towards the forest, the were’s followed closely behind.

Benny watched them run until they where out of sight and then he turned to me. He ran quickly to me pulling me into his arms and holding me tightly against his chest. I wrapped my arms around him and buried my face into his neck.

‘I thought I was going to be taken away from you.’ I admitted to him.

‘Never Allie, that is never going to happen I promise you.’

He pulled away from me and looked around making sure they hadn’t come back.

‘Can we go home?’ I asked him.

‘Yeah come on.’

Benny took my hand in his and we started walking quickly back towards the house.

A car drove past and I jumped at the noise. Benny let go of my hand wrapped his arm around my shoulder pulling me closer to him. He kept looking around making sure there wasn’t anything unusual around.

As we got close to the house I picked up my speed wanting to just get inside.

We walked into the yard and I wriggled out of Benny’s grasp and sprinted up to the door, turning the handle and walking quickly inside immediately feeling a lot calmer.