Chapter 2

After everything had settled down, Ethan, Rory, Sarah and Erica went home. I settled into the couch and pulled my legs up underneath me. Mrs. Weir and Benny had disappeared up stairs. I heard Benny coming back down and appeared in front of me with a t-shirt in his hands.

‘I thought you would need something else to cover up a little more.’

I reached up and took it from him. I fiddled with it before looking up at him.

‘Thank you.’ I said giving him a small smile.

 He took a seat next to me and I put my legs down.

‘Look I know this is hard for you to adjust to but it’s happening.’

‘I know Benny. Just try to imagine how I feel.’

He sighed and got up again. ‘Come one Grandma got the spare room sorted out for you, we should go to bed.’

I got up and followed him out of the lounge and up the stairs. He opened the door and stood aside for me to go through.

‘So this is your room, Grandma said she knows a spell that will get all of your clothes and belongings to here so she said that she will do that tomorrow for you.’

‘That’s good, I will have to thank her tomorrow.’ I walked over to the bed and sat down still holding the shirt.

Benny’s phone started ringing and he stepped out of my room to answer it. I stood up and closed the door I took my crop top off and slid Benny’s shirt over my head. It fell halfway above my knee. I jumped as Benny spoke through the door.

‘Allie are you decent?’

I walked over to the door and opened it. He stood there looking me over with a smirk on his face. His eyes continued to travel over my body and I snapped my fingers in front of his face.

‘Eye’s up here Benny.’

He snapped out of it and pushed me back into the room closing the door behind him. He spun me around and held me against it. He held me there for a moment and I watched his eyes, they were nearly black but they kept going back to hazel and spreading back out to black. He lent his head against mine, closed his eyes and started breathing in and out deeply. I reached up and placed my hand on his cheek. His eyes remained closed and his hands on my waist loosened a bit.

‘Benny look at me.’

He opened his eyes. They were back to normal now and he calmed his breathing.

‘Are you ok?’ I asked him. Running my thumb across his cheek.

‘Just give me a minute.’ I nodded and reached up so I had both hands on his cheeks, running my thumbs in a soothing motion. He moved his head back off mine and stood up properly, I let my hands fall off his cheeks and placed them on his chest. I gently pushed against it and he let go of my waist and stepped back. He looked at me and went to open his mouth.

‘It’s ok Benny you controlled it.’ He smiled at me.

‘I did didn’t I.’ He stated. He pulled me into his chest in a tight hug; I wrapped my arms around his waist and put my head on his chest. I knew this was weird because we had just met but it felt so right and if this is what it takes to stop him from marking me at the moment then it’s not that bad.

I let go of him as he did the same and stepped back.

‘Ok I should get some sleep, I’m pretty tired from all the running and I haven’t been getting that much sleep lately.’ I opened the door for him. He walked through the door and turned to me.

‘I promise I will try and stay in my room tonight but just lock the door just incase.’

I laughed. ‘You think having my door locked is going to keep you out, you’re a spell master Benny and a demon. I don’t think that’s going to work.’

He chuckled. ‘Your probably right there.’

I shook my head and pushed him back out of the doorway. I lent up and pecked his cheek before closing and locking the door. I walked over to the bed and pulled the covers back and lay down, closing my eyes and falling into a deep sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke in the morning to the feeling of the side of the bed dipped down and a hand on my waist rubbing up and down. I slowly opened my eyes to see Benny watching me with a small smile on his face. I rolled over onto my back and stretched before moving over a little and patting the space next to me, silently telling Benny he could join me. His small smile turned into a grin and lay down next to me. I rested my head on his chest and draped one arms across him while the other rested above my head. I felt one of his arms go across my back and hold onto my waist.

‘I knew locking my door wouldn’t keep you out.’ I mumbled.

He chuckled and I felt his chest vibrate. I took a moment to realise that he was shirtless and just had some sweats on. I sighed and thought about even though we had just met this felt so right.

‘This feels right doesn’t it?’ I asked him.

‘It does and it’s because where soul mates Allie. We belong together. You belong to me.’

I growled a bit at his last statement and he squeezed my waist tightly and I stopped. I looked at him through narrowed eyes and he glared back. I rolled off him but didn’t get to far because he still had his grip on my waist.

‘Let me go Benny.’ I growled out.

‘Allie…’ He said warningly.

I could feel myself getting ready to change and then it just stopped. What the hell?

‘Benny stop doing that!’ I pulled out of his grip and jumped out of the bed. He sat up and looked at me.

‘What are you talking about?’

‘You know exactly what I’m talking about Benny, you’re blocking me from phasing.’

‘Ok maybe I do, but I don’t particularly want you to phase and attack me.’

‘Attack you! You could stop me anyway, for gods sake you’re a spell master and a demon! The only reason I phase in these situations is either I loose control, which rarely happens, or I feel threatened. Which yesterday and just now I did!’

‘Ok but I still want to talk to you so I stopped it.’

‘I’m done talking right now Benny.’ I turned to walk out of the room but when I grabbed the door handle it was locked.

I growled. ‘Benny unlock the door…now.’ I said through my teeth.

He got up and stalked towards me. I backed up getting scared because of the look on his face. My back hit the door and he placed his hands on the wall both sides of my head. His eyes where starting to turn black again and I could feel him blocking me from phasing.
‘Benny please control it.’ I pleaded.

‘Why Allie? Why should I when your being rude and disrespectful towards me.’

‘Disrespectful? Benny you’re blocking me from moving and trying to control me! I’m pretty sure a few words from my mouth is nothing compared to that.’

He growled again. Ok maybe I should start thinking before I speak when he’s like this.

‘Ok Benny, I know you really want to mark me but…’

‘But nothing.’

‘Please just here me out?!’

He didn’t say anything so I continued.

‘I need space Benny, let’s get to know each other. Let me show you my other side and get to know yours.’

I could see him calm down a bit.

‘What if some alpha’s try to mark you, then what are you going to do?’

‘We can fight it.’

‘Allie I’m not going to fight off alpha’s all the time just to stop them from getting what’s mine! If I knew you would still speak to me and not hate me afterwards I would mark you right now.’

‘Your right I won’t speak to you if you marked me without my consent.’

‘He sighed. ‘I know that but I just wished you would see that it would be much easier this way. We wouldn’t have to deal with any alphas.’

I looked away from him for a moment thinking about what he had said.

‘Ok I’ll make you a deal. If you don’t mark me, try to control the demon and let me phase I promise that if the amount of alpha’s that come through here becomes unbearable I’ll let you mark me even if I’m not completely ready.’

‘You think you really get a choice in this Allie.’

‘Benny please I’m trying to be reasonable!’

‘Fine we’ll do it your way…for now.’
I sighed in relief when he pushed of the wall and moved me aside so he could leave my room. Once the door was closed I lent against it and slid down so I was seated on the floor.

All I could think of was how hard this was going to be…and was I really ready to deal with all of this?

But with Benny do I really have a choice?