Chapter 8

I woke up in my bed alone. I sat up and looked around, Benny wasn’t in here. I stood up and walked over to my mirror that was hanging on the wall; I stood in front of it and looked at my reflection. I pulled my hair around to my left shoulder and look at Benny’s mark that was sitting proudly on my lower neck. I reached up and placed my fingertips over the mark, I winced as pain shot through my neck. Usually I would heal fast but this, this would take a while. I pulled my hand away and looked at the rest of my body to see I was still in what I was wearing yesterday, all down to the clothes tied around my ankle.

I growled loudly in frustration. I’m beyond pissed! I can’t believe he marked me; he could of fought with the prince and won but no. I can’t believe him! There is no way I’m going to talk to him until he apologises, even then I still probably won’t.

I could hear footsteps coming up the stairs, I was not ready to face Benny and I’m not ready for this.

I made a quick dash to the window, unlocking it and pulling it open. I climbed up onto the windowsill and looked down, it was a fair way down but I could make it.

I heard my door open and I looked behind me to see Benny standing there shocked.

‘Allie what are you doing?’ He asked carefully.

I growled at him in warning before jumping out the window phasing in mid air and landing on four paws before taking off across the lawn and into the woods. I ran fast, I got to the clearing and I ran faster, straight through it and to the other side running straight through the bushes. I wouldn’t dare look back to see if Benny’s following me because I know he would be. I saw a good tree to climb up ahead and I sped up and jumped digging my claws into the trunk. I climbed as high as I could before lying down on a sturdy branch.

Everything that happened yesterday was running through my mind, from getting my cheerleading uniform right up to getting marked by Benny. I growled again thinking about the mark on my neck. I let out a whimper before laying my head on my paws; I still can’t believe he did that.

My head shot up as a massive growl rang through the woods. He’s angry. Crap.

I got up and started jumping from branch to branch trying to get as far away as possible from him. I stopped suddenly as I heard a twig snap from down on the ground, I crouched down on the branch and pricked my ears up listening for another sound. Suddenly Sarah appeared on the branch in front of me and I nearly fell off the branch in fright. I regained my balance and turned my attention to her.

‘What are you doing here Sarah?’ I asked her telepathically.

‘You know why Allie. Come on Benny is beside himself and well he’s beyond pissed off.’ She said sounding a bit stressed.

‘No. I know where you’re going with this and the answer is no. I am not going back. I know Benny is pissed but so am I and I’m hurt Sarah! How do you think I felt when I woke up this morning and worked out what had happened?!’ I said to her.

‘Allie I understand, trust me I do but if you don’t come back you going to make it harder for yourself. We can’t help you anymore so you need to think about what you’re doing. Just come back.’ She pleaded.

‘No Sarah! I refuse to go back to him! Not after what he did. He can get stuffed for all I care. I’ll go back when I’m ready.’ I said stubbornly.

I jumped off the branch landing safely on the ground before taking off in a sprint. I knew she wouldn’t follow me but I wasn’t so sure about Benny. He would follow my scent. I ran around the corner and froze digging my claws into the ground to stop myself from sliding. I flattened my ears against my head and let out a low growl.

Benny was standing in front of me in full demon form and he was not happy. His eyes where glowing black and his face showed full anger. I backed up slightly still growling at him.

He let out a loud echoing growl and I crouched to the ground ears still flat against my head.

‘Allie phase back now!’ He growled at me.

‘Not going to happen Benny.’  I growled back at him.

‘Don’t make me do it myself.’ He warned me.

‘Why can’t you just leave me alone?! Don’t you think you’ve done enough?’ I yelled at him.

Pain went through my body and I let out an ear splitting growl. The growl turned to a scream as I felt my bones popping and phasing back into human ones. I lay on the ground panting, my back facing Benny. That was the most painful phase I’ve ever gone through, including the first time I ever phased.

‘You shouldn’t have fought it Allie.’ Benny told me a little bit of pain in his voice.

I couldn’t reply, I still had pain rippling through my muscles and I was still trying to catch my breath.

I heard Benny take a step.

‘Don’t come near me.’ I said weakly.

I heard him sigh. ‘Get dressed Allie; I’ll go behind a tree.’

I listened to his footsteps; once he was far enough away I sat up wincing as everything in my body protested with the movement. I untied my clothes from my ankle, standing up carefully before pulling my underwear and shorts on. I then slowly put my bra and crop top on.

‘I’m decent.’ I said quietly knowing that he could hear me.

I listened as he walked out from where he was hiding. I kept my back to him with my head down. I felt him behind me, I tried to take a step forward when an arm wrapped around my waist pulling me back against his chest holding me in place.

I used all of my energy and strength to try and get out of his hold.

‘Benny let me go!’ I screamed.

He just chuckled and wrapped his other arm around me bringing me closer to him.

‘That’s not going to happen Allie and you know it.’ He said quietly into my ear.

I whimpered and slumped against him letting him support all of my weight.

‘Please.’ I said weakly.

He sighed and spun me around puling me back into his chest. I placed my palms against his chest, pushing weakly against it while my head fell to his shoulder. He just held me tighter.

‘Stop Allie, your just making yourself tired.’

He placed his head in the crook of my neck ignoring my weak protests. His lips went to my mark and placed a kiss on it. I whimpered again and shied away from him.

He growled in warning.

‘Allie stop this just except it.’

‘You’ve got to be kidding! I can’t accept this I’m beyond pissed off at you!’ I told him weakly.

I had hardly any energy from fighting the phase.

‘I had to do it; I wasn’t going to let that arse or any other dickhead have a chance at getting you! I was over fighting for what’s mine! So I ended it.’

I growled softly and looked up at him.

‘Well you must be ecstatic! You got what you want, you marked me but by doing that, you’ve pushed me away. I may be yours in some sense but to me I will never be yours. You’ve lost all the respect I had for you.’

I pulled myself free from him and phased running back towards the house. I sped up as I knew Benny wouldn’t be far behind. Sarah must have heard me coming because she opened the front door; I sped inside giving her a quick nod before running up the stairs and into my room. I closed the door with my head and phased, I pulled on my underwear and got out a pair of blue jeans and a black singlet. I pulled them on and walked back downstairs to see Mrs Weir, Sarah, Ethan, Erica and Rory sitting on the coaches. They watched me carefully as I sat down on the loveseat.

‘Where’s Benny?’ Ethan asked me.

‘More importantly what happened?’ Mrs Weir asked me.

‘Well Sarah found me and tried to get me to come back but that didn’t work…’

‘Obviously.’ Erica replied.

I glared at her.

‘Then I ran into Benny… he made me phase and it was the most painful thing I’ve ever gone through. Then we kind of fought and I got out of his grip and well here I am. Oh and I also told him that I had lost all respect I had for him.’

They all just sat there not saying anything. Mrs Weir looked a bit disappointed but I’m not sure if it was towards me or Benny. I’m guessing probably me…

‘Ok I want to know who you guys think is in the wrong.’ I stated.

They shifted uncomfortably.

‘Come on just tell me.’

‘Well I think you are, Benny protected you and did what he had to keep you as his.’ Rory replied.

‘I’m with Rory as well on this; you should hear how worried he was before he marked you Allie. He wasn’t going to let the prince get you, you’re his and he made sure of that.’

I just nodded at Ethan’s words even though I was annoyed at what he had said.

‘I’m not taking sides. I think you’re both in the wrong but at the same time I think what Benny did was right, what if he didn’t mark you? You could have been the prince’s mate right now.’

No one said anything for a bit, they just let me think about what Erica had said. She was right though, if Benny hadn’t marked me there was a chance that the prince could have got me but then again his side was losing. But the rest of his guards would have stepped in.

‘I’m with Erica with this. But I also know how you feel about it so I think that he should be a bit nicer with you but then again… I don’t know.’ Sarah said.

I heard the door slam and Benny walked into the lounge in his human form but still shirtless. I sighed and pulled my legs up and wrapping my arms around them before resting my chin on my knees. He walked over and sat down beside me wrapping an arm around my waist and pulled me into his side. I folded my legs to the side.

‘Benny…’ I protested.

‘Do you have to argue about everything?!’ He yelled at me.

I flinched away from him which seemed to anger him even more. He got up suddenly and stood in front of me.

‘Everything I do you seem to object to! Can’t you just go along with one thing? Please I’m trying here but you don’t seem to want to try!’

I stood up standing right in front of him.

‘What you want me to go along with you marking me without my consent! Benny I didn’t want any of this but I stayed because I actually do feel something and I wanted to make this work but you just went ahead and marked me. I feel like I don’t have any control of what happens in my life at the moment!’ I yelled back at him.

‘I was trying to help you! If I didn’t mark you, you would have ended up as the prince’s mark and you and I both know that would have ended up crap for both of us!’

‘You know what Benny? I don’t care anymore, you win ok I’ll go along with all of this. I won’t complain and object to anything. I’ll be your perfect little fucking submissive. I just hope you bloody happy with that.’

I sighed and walked straight past him up to my room and collapsed on my bed and well cried.