Chapter 24

I stand up and put my bag over my shoulder, "Juri..." I look at Daiki who glances at me, "Don't think you can run," He says.

"Daiki, no matter our games, I always win... But I already made plans... Sorry not sorry," I smile at him.

"Huh?" He glares at me, "Juri!" Daiki calls out as I walk off with the Seirin team.

We walk into the locker room, Taiga punches one of the lockers, "Taiga..."

"Stop it, Kagami. Wake up!" Hyuga says.

"That's right! We still have two more games! Now's not the time to be depressed!!" Riko says, "We'll think about our mistakes later! Just go rest! And Kagami, you'd better go to the hospital!"

"Eh?!" He looks at me and I glare at him, he swallows his pride and looks at Tetsuya, "Let's go, Kuroko," He says and the shadow looks confused, "I guess this is our limit. Honestly, I thought we'd play pretty well... But in the end, it was still shit. I guess... Against sheer skill... Just cooperation... Isn't enough to win, eh?" Taiga says as he leaves.

"I'll go with him," I say and walk after Taiga, "Oi," I catch up to him, "Do you really think it's true?"

"You saw... You saw what happened! It won't work!" He snaps at me.

My eyes widen and I stop walking, I watch him walk away, "Juri?" Tetsuya looks at me, "Are you... Okay?" He asks.

"I need to go... Sorry, Tetsuya... I really am..." I look at him, "Sorry," I run off to the exit.

"Juri?!" Riko calls out to me.

"Kurosawa!" Hyuga and the team call out to me.

"Juricchi?" I hear Ryouta call out.

I run to him instantly and hug him tightly, "Ryouta... Can we go? Please... I can't..." I shake my head.

"Okay, okay we'll go," Ryouta says and grabs my hand, we walk away.

"Juri!" I hear the Seirin team speak.

I turn to the team and look away, "Let's go," I say and we walk on to the train station.

"Juricchi what's going on?" Ryouta asks looking at me, "You were never normally like this..."

"I don't know," I step onto the train with him and stay close to him as we wait to get to our station, "Yours first then mine?"

"Yeah," He looks at me and hugs me, "Juricchi... What happened?"

"I need a break..." I whisper and walk with him when the train stops, "Can I... can I stay with you for a few days?"

"Err... Sure..." He nods, "I'll just give my parents the heads up... Call your dad," He says.

"Yeah," I nod.

A few days have passed, I stayed at Ryouta's house, didn't go to Seirin for a few days. I didn't go to the other matches, ignored the teams call. I was sat on Ryouta's bed staring at my phone, "You can't stay hidden in here forever," I look at the door to see Ryouta's dad looking at me.

"Kise-San... I'm sorry... I just feel normal here," I admit.

"I can tell, you're in my son's shirt again," He smiles and walks in, sitting on the bed, "Your dad rang me to ask if you're okay... I didn't know what to tell him so I said you're fine here for a few more days... So... How's Seirin doing?" He asks, "I know you're looking at their scores."

"The lost against Meisei on their second day," I tell him, "By one point, and they lost again against Senshinkan nearly 20 scores difference." 

"You want to go back to them don't you?" He questions, "You want to be with your team... You don't want to be here... Whatever happened in that match, don't make it hold you back... You're Juri Kurosawa, the only girl who isn't fawning over my son because of his modelling and who can put up with him," He chuckles.