Chapter 42

We were in our second year of high school and the Seirin Team and I, with the new first years, gathered together in front of a TV, watching Team Strky who were representing Japan and Team Jabberwock, walking onto the outside court. 

I lean against Tetsuya and watch the match, "This isn't going to be fun to watch," I whisper, "I can see it with the look in his eyes."

"Huh?" Seirin looks at me, "You know them?!"

"Tsk," I glare at the screen as I watch the match.

"That's why you turned down Riko!" Furihata says looking at me.

"Who knows," I shrug and drink my water as I watch the match on the TV screen.

Everyone was silent as we watched Jabberwock mock Team Strky throughout the whole of the game, "That bastard..." I mutter.

"Umm... Wasn't that an amazing game! If you don't mind, could you say a few words for your fans and maybe some for the girl you are looking for?" The female reporter asks Nash.

"I suppose so... if I were to give my thoughts on this match, it honestly made me want to puke. Everyone here... No, I should say, everyone in this country who's just pretending to play basketball... You should quit and then kill yourselves," Nash says pushing his blonde locks back, "To make it easier for you all to understand, here's an anecdote. Take, for example, that there exist monkeys with intelligence on par with humans, and that they like to sumo wrestle. They wear the same wrestling garb, have the same rules and are more or less doing the same thing. But then, one day, they come to your country and say to your sumo wrestlers, as if they were on the same level, Let's wrestle together! So what do you think would happen if you were to then wrestle the monkey? You'd want to completely slaughter them, obviously!" Nash says with a creepy look on his face, "And for the girl... Juri Kurosawa," He smirks at the screen, "Come home with me, we miss you. Don't we guys?" He glances at Jabberwock who agrees.

"Juri?" Tetsuya looks at me shocked as do the rest of the team.

I watch as Riko's father confronts the team, saying about another match in one week's time with another team.

***

I stand with Riko's father - Kagetora - in a gymnasium, "Juri, why didn't you tell me you knew them?" Riko asks.

"I didn't think I'd need to," I hold out my phone to her with miscalls and unread messages, "Now they won't leave them alone! It's driving me insane!" I shout and throw my phone into the hoop by accident, I watch it hit the ground.

Kagetora walks to my phone, picking it up, "Be careful Kurosawa," He hands me back my phone, "You're on our side which gives us an advantage," He says and we hear footsteps, he looks to see the team, "Oh, you came. Good to finally meet you all."

"I suddenly got an email and call from Kurokocchi and Juricchi. They must be up to something."

"Man, you sure picked a hell of a fight."

"We couldn't just sit back and do nothing."

"Haah... This is gonna be such a pain."

"Heh... I'm rather looking forwards to this. I can hardly believe... That once more, we, the Generation of Miracles, will be fighting alongside one another on the same team."

"Juricchi, why didn't you tell me you knew him?" Ryouta asks walking to me.

"Don't ask her," Riko says and I throw my phone again, Daiki catches it, "Her phone will be destroyed by the end of the day," She sighs.