Chapter 31

Tetsuya and I walk outside, "So about the..." Tetsuya starts then he stops, seeing Takao sat on the floor, "Hello..."

"Hello," I look at Takao. 

"...Yo! What's up?" Takao says.

"Just, it's nearly time for dinner. I needed to talk to Juri and find Kagami," Tetsuya says.

"Already this late? Guess I should head back too," Takao says and looks at something before reaching up to our heads and pushes us down, "Duck!" He whispers yells, "Stay silent, this is gonna be fun," Takao says and I look to see Shintaro and Taiga glaring at each other.

Tetsuya and I look at each other and shrug before turning back to them. We watch as they have a slight argument before Shintaro suggests a one-on-one game between the two of them. Every time Taiga jumped, Shintaro blocked with ease, even if Taiga's jumps are higher than their match. 

"Enough," Shintaro says, "It won't matter how much you shoot," He says.

"What the hell?!" Taiga looks at him confused.

"Realise it already, dumbass," Shintaro says, "No matter how high you jump, it'll be easy to stop you. That's because I know that you'll attempt a dunk without fail," Shintaro says and walks to the bush we're hiding behind, "Let's go, Takao," Shintaro says and then looks at Tetsuya, "Don't disappoint me at the Winter Cup preliminaries," He looks at me, "I'm surprised you're spying," He says before walking off with Takao.

Tetsuya and I stand up, I turn to talk to Taiga to see him running off, "Damn it... Let's go Tetsuya," I say.

"Yes," He nods and we begin following after Taiga onto the beach.

"You sure do run fast," I speak up as I catch up to him.

"Slow down," Tetsuya says getting to our side.

"Where did you two suddenly appear from?" Taiga asks.

"We were thinking about cheering you up," I say.

"You both saw me?! How could you! You don't need to, idiots. I already know why I lost," Taiga says, "I know what I have to do until winter! I have to train my legs and my left hand by countless jumps. So that I can move freely in midair! Though it pisses me off that Midorima made me realize it, but still, everything single one of them is so strong, every one of the Generations of Miracles, that is."

"Scoring against him, would have only revealed your right-feet jump, or in reverse, you can say he is that cautious of you," Tetsuya says as we run either side of him.

I run with them and let them talk, "Kagami," Tetsuya stops, "I thought I should tell you this," Taiga and I stop running, looking at him, "Juri and I have been working on a new way of basketball for me."

"A new way of basketball?" Taiga repeats shocked.

"You're the only one who knows," I look at Taiga.

"Besides my pass, I'm developing a drive that's only for me. I'll surpass the Generation of Miracles," Tetsuya says.

***

It didn't take long for the training camp to end, we were leaving the inn and I was walking beside Tetsuya, "Has he messaged you yet?" Tetsuya asks.

"No, not yet," I sigh.

"Hey, where are you going?" Riko asks.

"Eh... To the station?" Hyuga questions.

"Why do you think I chose this place for our training camp?" Riko asks, "Juri, go on ahead," She smiles.

I look at her then blink, "Oh! It's the quarter-finals, with Kaijo and Too!" I say and jog to Riko, "Are we going to watch?"