Door to Twisted Wonderland, Opened

Do you believe in fairytales?

I'm very fond of them myself. They're timeless stories filled with magic that bring hope in our world. Wonders stir in our imaginations. Dreams come to life. Creativity inspires the soul.

It's a shame, though. I think the stigma of fairytales being "childish" or "unrealistic" completely misses the point of their purpose. Darkness always swells with pessimism and negativity when sneering at "happily ever afters". Reality is too cruel.

That's why I want you to stay strong no matter the obstacle. There's nothing to be ashamed about believing in happy endings. What's wrong with looking for the light beyond the tunnel?

There lies a beautiful world waiting for you to discover it. You just need to reach for it.

I know we can't be together forever. Even so, I continue treasuring every moment spent in each other's presence and recall them as clear as day the following morning I wake up. Because they're memories of you.

We walk under the same sky. When I look up and see the stars and the moon, I think of you also watching the same world above us, thinking of those you hold dear. Knowing you will still keep me alive inside your heart is enough for me.

So please, don't be sad.

...

Hey, let's make a promise. That way, we'll be bound to find each other no matter what. This won't be a goodbye. We'll meet again. I know we will.

Until then...

I will hold on to this [...] until we reunite. Wait for me.

Because, you are...

...
..
.
..
...

I weakly opened my eyes to the ground dyed by the silver moonlight. Where am I...? Why was I lying unconscious on the ground? I couldn't have dozed off sleepwalking outdoors... right?

Questions were strewn loosely in my mind as I lifted my upper body with my pale thin hands, palms and fingertips feeling the rough stone earth.

A shaky breath seeps through clenched teeth, shivers crawling through my bones. So cold... Just as expected from the fall season.

My head feels heavy yet blank for some reason. Did I hear someone's voice in my sleep?

I looked up at the scenery before me.

A tall grand building was situated above in the distance, with its noticeably peaked towers piercing the midnight canvas, stone walls, and arched windows. I recognized them as reminiscent of gothic architecture.

Is that a castle...? I've never seen one in real life, much less up close. My neighborhood could never dream of such extravagant art situated among our humble abodes and residential apartments.

Before I could ponder my surroundings further, the clank of hooves disturbed the silence of the night. I look behind me.

Never had I imagined the face of death until now. A fierce, almost monstrous face of a black stallion gritting riding gear strapped on its head had its hooves raised above. The whiplash from the once tranquil atmosphere to a horse that appeared out of nowhere coming dangerously close to trampling me was all I could make out before everything went blank. No pain, no shock. Perhaps I fainted? Again?