Welcome to the Villains' World, Strix!

Note: The image above is art I made a long time ago and is now a placeholder (temporary). The designs (mainly the school uniform) are not official now.

I used to have Strix in a custom female NRC school uniform but for this revision Strix will be wearing the male uniform and a ponytail. I'll update the art eventually in the future since writing and publishing chapters take priority.

...

We were back at the mine entrance, but this time we were prepared.

"You... really think it'll go as planned? I'm sca... No, just nervous." Grim admitted, shaking his head.

"No worries, I'm sure it'll be fine." I assured confidently.

Ace chuckled at Grim. "Haha, you're too stiff. Just go with the flow. Let's get this over with!"

Eventually, having sensed our intruding presences, the Faceless Monster floats near the entrance.

"Hey, monster! O-O-Over here!" Grim called out.

The ink monster growled, attention zeroed on us. "LeaAAAAAVVEE!!"

Grim gave a start. "Gah! It's coming!"

I was not discouraged, however. I provoked it further, "Over here!"

"There...thief...too. Won't give... Mine... Mine!!" Fixated on us, the monster draws away from the mine entrance and randomly swings its arms in hopes of warding us away.

Grim squeaked. "That punch looks like a knockout if it lands!"

"Get it as far from the tunnel as possible." I ordered.

"Go away! Go away!!" The monster swung its pickaxe, coming closer to us. A part of me spared a little sympathy. It sounded like it was pleading. But we have to get the magic stone. We came all this way after all.

"It's pretty far from the tunnel now!" Grim called out.

"Go for it!" I shouted.

"Okay, I got this! Let's go, extra large tempest!" With a wave of Ace's pen comes a hefty gust.

"And the great Grim's Fire Special!"

Blue flames and wind combine together and spiral around the monster in an azure flame tornado. The Faceless Monster is now confused and startled in place.

"How's this! I can even fan Grim's shoddy flame into an inferno!" Ace cheered while insulting him in the same breath.

"It's not shoddy! Ugh, every word out of your mouth pisses me off!" Grim hissed.

My face solidified in determination. "Now's our chance!"

Soon a familiar black cauldron dives from above to crush the monster to the ground.

"All right! It worked! Hey, look! The monster looks flat as a pancake just like Ace earlier!" Grim pointed.

I allowed a laugh by the nose, much to Ace's chagrin.

"Don't laugh! You don't need to bring that up again! Jeez, today isn't my day." Ace shook his head and groaned.

Deuce comes from the side. "Let's go get the magic stone while that thing can't move."