~Happy Beans Day~

The Lyre-less brawl aka HBD 2021 event won't be included since it's just a narrative on what the other boys did, with little to no inclusion of MC.

Events are not canon to main story! Yana Toboso said so in an interview in the twst art book Magical Archives. Don't think too much about the timeline.

Event length: 10k words/61 pages

Synopsis: In which a night owl is gung-ho for extra PE credit. Thus a sniper was born.

~Happy Beans Day~

Homeroom in class 1-A is in session.

Crewel calls their attention to the front. "Behave yourselves, puppies. About the traditional event of Night Raven College that will be held tomorrow, Happy Beans Day, we will group ourselves now. We will do the groupings by a lottery method. Come here by class number."

As each student from the roster drew lots in order, a question lingers for the two Ramshackle residents.

"Happy Beans Day? What's that?" Grim asked.

Strix was curious as well. "That's a traditional event of this school?"

"Strix, you don't know what Happy Beans Day is about?" Ace looked at her inquisitively.

"Should I?" Was her innocent response.

Crewel frowned upon overhearing their conversation. "There are some ignorant puppies as well. It can't be helped. Let Master Crewel teach you about it. Guiding puppies is my job."

He then explains, "'Happy Beans Day' is a traditional Twisted Wonderland event that is held every February. Long ago, there was once a place called 'Valley of Happiness' in this country. There is a reason why that place was called 'happiness'. Rich nature and fertile ground... And there was a magical harp with a beautiful voice. The singing voice of the magical harp was said to have made humans and livestock...even the plants in the valley happy. However, a giant who was envious of it came to the valley to steal the magical harp."

A giant? Strix wonders if they still exist today in Twisted Wonderland. She kind of dreads encountering one if they're still around.

"Soon, the trees died in an instant, making the people suffer from hunger. Then, a certain farmer just happened to have his hands on magical beans. Those beans were the magical 'Happy Beans'. The vines of the tree that grew from the Happy Beans reached up high in the sky where the giant lives within one night. The farmer immediately climbed up the vines and skillfully brought back the harp."

This sounds like the "Jack and the Beanstalk" tale. Though if we go by the Disney universe then it'd be Mickey's version of the story, Strix thought to herself the more as she continued listening.

"Once he got back to the ground, he immediately cut down the beanstalk and defeated the giant who came after him. And with that, the Valley of Happiness returned to its natural richness with the magic harp's song—so the story goes."

"It's an anecdote about taking back what they stole, and doing double the deed of what they've done to you." Crewel finished.

"I get it, that's pretty educational." Grim said, oddly enlightened by the tale.

"And that's where it was chosen that the farmer's role would hit the giant's role with beans to dispel evil, right?" Deuce spoke up.

"Good boy. That's exactly it." Crewel praised.

Strix connected the event to the Setsubun tradition that applies to certain cultures from her world. You throw beans at the demon to ward them away and bring luck, protection, fortune and the like to your home.