Idiotic Anemones

(There's a little scene reference in the second half of the dream sequence with Strix. Answer is at the end with my author's note lol)

...

Thunderclaps flashed, the sea crashing against the ship's course and unrelenting storm.

"A storm's coming! Hold on tight!" A sailor cried against the booming lightning and splash of the ocean tides.

Ariel pulls the unconscious Eric out of the sea and brings him to the shore. "Look, he's still breathing!"

"Prince Eric!" Grimsby cried after discovering the prince.

"A girl helped me. She had a beautiful voice." Still in a trance, Eric was escorted to the kingdom, unsuspecting of the mermaid who watches from afar behind a protruding rock.

"I wonder why my heart is racing? I know my dream will come true and someday I'll be part of your world!" The waves dramatically created a huge splash behind her as she vowed these words.

Unbeknownst to her, Flotsam and Jetsam were watching the little mermaid, eerily laughing.

The rays of sunlight flashed in my vision. I shield my eyes from the light and squint. There was someone standing in the ocean. A man's back was facing me.

My eyes widen.

"Caelum?"

I step forward. However, my feet caught themselves from making contact with the ocean tides washing the shore.

My eyes flit up to the man presumably, most certainly, my brother. The red-haired man slowly turns to face my direction. His eyes were indistinguishable from the blinding light, though there was a calm and composed smile beyond the hand now outstretched to me.

A large overwhelming wave approaches from behind.

Without thinking twice I ran into the sea. I lunge for his open hand.

Before I could make contact, the waves swallow both of us.

I was sent spiraling underwater. When I open my eyes, I see Caelum standing still with his hand still open for me, retaining his welcoming smile. He was drifting away.

I try to swim to him. A strong current pushes me away until it swept me off my feet and hurled me backwards.

That was when I blacked out.

~~~~~~~
Idiotic Anemones
~~~~~~~

I gasp for air upon awakening in my bedroom.

Now this time I dreamt of "The Little Mermaid"? I'm beginning to suspect these dreams are not because I have the urge to break into a Disney song marathon.

'Why did Caelum appear in the dream, though?'

My hand twitched. These hands that couldn't save him even in my mind... How frustrating.

I squint from the rays of sunlight entering the room.

The skies are bright outside. Since we have an exam day today, I didn't have to wake up early for the usual class schedule and drink the bitter coffee I am not too fond of to start the day. For once I had a pleasant eight hour sleeping period and I'm not as drowsy as my usual morning self.