Chapter Ten: Pick Your Poison

"Which leaves Aizawa as the right person for you to stay with at this point in time!" announced Nezu.

...

WHAT?

"You've gotta be kidding me." I said unenthusiastically.

"Took the words right out of my mouth." Aizawa responded, leaning against the doorway, and looking down.

"I assure you, my dear, we do think this would be the best fit for you and your situation." said Nezu, gently.

"I mean, think about it!" exclaimed Mic with a giant smile, "since he's underground, he's not known very well by the public, so no one will go snooping around!"

"And because he cautiously stays out of the spotlight, both villains and reporters are less likely to care who's with him." added Midnight, "Plus, it'd be smart to keep someone around who could stop any quirks at a moment's notice."

"But I don't have any quirks." I said, raising an eyebrow in confusion.

"From what you tell us, that could be true," said Nezu, "but we can't be sure that'll be the case the longer you're here. No one expected a person being misplaced into the wrong universe, and yet, here we are! It's not out of the realm of possibility that you might develop a quirk."

I could feel a drop of sweat fall from my head. All of this was coming at me so fast, I wasn't sure how to react. I felt like my head was about to explode.

"Of course," said Nezu, snapping me out of my thoughts, "that might not be the case at all. We just want to be prepared for anything."

I looked from Nezu to Aizawa nervously. He remained with his face tilted to the ground, eyes closed, and appearing to take the matter less seriously than I was. Or he was asleep.

Probably asleep.

"Don't worry," said Mic as he rubbed my back, trying to relax my nerves, "he's harmless. He's all bark and no bite. You two will get along just fine."

"From what I've seen, he has plenty of bite." I said, remembering all of his badass moments at USJ, the campsite fight, and the fight with the Yakuza. All moments that made me respect him even more, even though only one of those moments happened right now.

"Then I expect you'll be on your best behavior while you stay." said Aizawa, making us all look towards him, "Any foolishness or self destructive behavior won't be tolerated. I'll protect you, but I'm not going to babysit anyone."

I gulped.

"Yes, sir."

"Excellent!" said Nezu as he raised his paws in the air with glee, "Now that that's settled, we should get your things and be on our way to your new accomodations."

As they all were about to turn around, I stood up and paused.

"Wait!" they all stopped and looked at me, "I'm not sure I can just waltz on out of here. Don't I need to be evaluated and released by the hospital first?"

"Don't worry," said Midnight, "I took care of things." she said with a wink.

"Do I even want to know?" I said as I started to walk with them, out of the room.

"Either we spare you the details, or you can stay here to 'rot', as you put it." said Aizawa, who continued to walk in front of me, "Pick your poison."

I rolled my eyes.

Man, he needs a sense of humor.

Before leaving the facility, I heard a little voice cry out to me in the hallway.

"Bye-bye!" shouted Lucy as she waved at me.

I looked at her and softly smiled before waving goodbye to her.

Goodbye, hospital.
Hello, freedom?