Chapter Sixty-Three: Out of Time

The second day went as fast as it came. I thought the day would go by excruciatingly slow, where the minutes felt like hours, and hours felt like centuries.
I mean, it's how I felt every time I was at work. Well, back in my world, that is. But instead, it felt like I didn't have a grip on time at all here. It seemed to slip by every time I checked the clock.
I never was able to get back into my world the night before once I woke up. Everything was blank. The anxiety of not knowing how the test went was driving me nuts, and putting me even more on edge. Not only that, but I could feel myself dragging when the nights went on like this, and moreso than what I was used to. It felt like an extra weight was added to my body with every night I didn't make it back to my world. I couldn't help but wonder how this was effecting my body here, and back home.
Was the fatigue connected to my inability to return home?
Was I slowly losing it?
What happens when I can no longer write checks my body can't cash?
Would I cease to exist here?
What about in my world?

"...Miss Doe?" I heard All Might say. I instantly came out of the mental fog that had it's hold on me for most of the day.

"Sorry? What?" I said, blinking quickly as I tried my best to seem less oblivious.

"Are you alright?" he asked, his sunken eyes looking worried as he furrowed his brows.

"Y-yeah, I'm fine." I said with a slight chuckle, "I'm sorry, I didn't think I had zoned out for that long."

"You've been relatively quiet most of the day. Are you sure you don't need anything?" he asked, "I can get you some more tea, or-"

"No, no. I'm fine. Just a little tired is all." I said as I took my already empty cup to the sink. Right as I got to the counter and turned the water on, my vision started to blur. I blinked a few times and rubbed my eyes, momentarily helping the blurriness. But just as I began to feel a tad better, I started to feel a numbing and tingling sensation in my arms and legs. As I began to look down at my limbs, the room began to spin, and the blurriness started to ramp back up.
I could vaguely hear All Might's voice as my world started to slow down. Before I knew it, my eyes began to roll back into my head as I fell backwards.
Last thing I could somewhat recall was the feeling of All Might catching me before I hit the ground as I passed out.

...

"...Results..."

...

"...inconclusive?"

...W-what?

"In the event...need to..."

I...can't hear them clearly.

"...standard procedure regarding advance directives and her power of attorney."

Wait...Did I fail?

"We'll run more...tests...before..."

No. No! Everything's fading out! I need to hear what they're saying!

...

"...No, no. Don't do that." I heard off in the distance. The voice notably different than the doctors I heard moments before, "You have a job to do. Let me do mine."

I slowly opened my eyes as I began to re-enter this world from mine. I could barely see anything in the darkness. The only light that remained was coming from outside the door that was slightly ajar.

'What time is it?' I thought as I shifted myself to get up.

As I sat up, I immediately felt unbelievably exhausted. My body felt like it could use 100 years worth of sleep, I felt so deprived. You would think I'd feel better if I had been out for some time, but for some reason, I wasn't.