Chapter Sixty-Five: Regarding Miss Doe

(Aizawa's POV)

"Mr. Aizawa! Do you have anything to say to the families affected by this incident?" shouted a reporter from the left.

"Aizawa! Will you be resigning from your position?" said another reporter from my right.

"Has the school made any progress in finding the missing student? What about the pro-hero, Ragdoll?" shouted a man behind him.

"Do you have any insight as to why the pro hero was captured?" hollered a woman ahead of me.

These were only a few of the questions I could hear out of the barrage of screaming journalists and various media outlets when I got out of the car. I could barely see the way I needed to go due to the sea of microphones, cameras, and nonstop flashes.
God, and I thought I had a headache before I got here.

By the time I got inside, both Vlad and Principal Nezu were waiting for me in the main lobby.

"Glad to see you made it in one piece." joked Vlad, "They nearly ate us alive out there earlier."

I rubbed my already tired eyes, trying to soothe them from the constant flashes just seconds before, and then sighed.

"Knowing how relentless the media is, I imagine it'll only get worse from here."

"As long as we stick to the original plan, we should be fine." reassured Nezu, "If we appear aloof to the League during the broadcast, our chances of a diversion will have a higher success rate than if we are completely transparent to the media."

I hummed in agreement as I looked out at the hoard of news outlets outside.

"Being transparent with the press isn't something I'm normally accustomed to. You can be rest assured that my lips will be sealed regarding our actual intentions here." I said, crossing my arms.

There was a brief pause as I watched and listened to the muffled sound of the reporters through the front door glass. Thankfully, the bustling sound was beginning to fade as each one started to head into the conference room from the second exit.

"Speaking of which," said Nezu, turning my attention to him, "how have things been going at home as of late?"

I raised a brow before answering cautiously, "Why do you ask?"

'What the Hell is this all about?' I thought, 'Why is he trying to pry? It's not like him.'

"Well," started Nezu, "regarding Miss Doe, I've been meaning to speak to y-"

"Excuse me," interrupted an organizer with a clipboard, catching our attention, "They're ready for you. If you'll please follow me."

Nezu frowned as he looked from her to me.

"We'll talk later." he said quietly but sternly, putting an emphasis on the word 'later'. It certainly gave me the hint that this was not a conversation he was willing to drop. Shortly after saying so, he began to follow the organizer and Vlad, who seemed equally as confused as I did.

I followed closely behind them.

'What's going on? And what about (Y/N) was he needing to talk about?' I wondered as a sense of unease began to seep in.

I didn't feel good about this. Hell, I didn't feel good about how anything was going today.
My students, though relatively unscathed, were put through Hell last night. I spent most of this morning checking in on every single one at the hospital, followed by meetings with the school and investigators. Odds were looking in our favor to getting Bakugo back, but having (Y/N) confirm earlier that he was still alive, was a relief to say the least.
I sure as Hell felt awful for the way I lashed out at her back at the apartment. I didn't mean for what I said to come out so harshly. I only wanted her to understand the severity of the situation, especially given that we were the ones dealing with it in the dark. Still, I didn't want to fight with her. I spent the majority of the day being preoccupied in order to avoid such a thing from happening. But inadvertently, I only ended up making things worse. And to hear her respond to me with such resentment was difficult to hear.