Chapter Forty-five: Interrogation

(Aizawa's POV)

By the time I got to the station, police already had Okuta in custody. As I walked to the interrogation room, Hizashi was waiting there for me.

"Ah! Finally! Took you long enough!" he said, "I would say you missed all the action, but the guy came pretty quietly."

"Has he said anything so far?" I asked as I stood next to him.

"Nah. Just the usual 'There must be a misunderstanding.' line, but otherwise, he's not talking." he said as we both looked at Okuta from the two-way mirror. He was seated at a table, with his hands cuffed, seemingly unbothered.

"Gentlemen, my name is detective Naomasa Tsukauchi. Thank you for coming." said a detective behind us, causing us to both look back, "We're just about to begin."

"I knew I was called here, but why him?" I said as I looked at Hizashi.

"His presence has been requested by your superior, who filled me on the situation." he said.

"Just in case." said Hizashi with a sheepish smile.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised. If this all happened under different circumstances, he wouldn't have gone this route. But given that this man came after Doe, I don't blame him for sending in a reinforcement, at least for Okuta's sake.

"Aw come on, Sho! It'll be fun! We could be good cop, bad cop!" said Hizashi very enthusiastically.

"I'll just be needing him," said Tsukauchi, referring to me, "while you wait outside. Too many pros in one room could be seen as a means to intimidate. We do want this guy's full cooperation. Now, if you'll follow me."

I heard Hizashi whine as I followed Tsukauchi towards the interrogation room.

"Can you identify that this was the man that you ran into earlier this evening?" the detective asked as we stopped near the door.

"Yes." I said, waiting to go in.

"Great. Now before we go inside, I'm just going to reiterate that you're here to assist in nullifying his quirk in the event that he tries to escape or tamper with law enforcement. You're not here to ask any questions or intimidate the suspect. Understood?" he asked, his hand on the doorknob.

I nodded and followed Tsukauchi into the room with Okuta, who saw me and smiled.

"Ah! Eraserhead! To what do I owe this honor?" he asked, ignoring the detective completely.

"Do you know why you're here?" asked Tsukauchi who sat infront of Okuta, as I leaned against the corner of the room next to the door, arms folded.

"I'm afraid I don't." said Okuta, "I was just minding my own business, walking home, when a swarm of officers surrounded me. Not the most welcoming surprise, I'll admit."

"Can you tell me where you were at 8 o'clock this evening?" asked the detective.

Okuta laid back in his chair, looking up to the ceiling in thought.

"I can tell you, but I don't think it's any of your business. You still haven't told me why I'm here." he said with a grin.

"You don't think telling me your alibi is my business?" asked the detective with a raised brow, "You're here for trespassing on private property and illegally using your quirk on a civilian."

Okuta's eyes looked straight at me.

"Is that why Eraserhead's here? I would've figured it'd have to be something more significant than that for the underground hero to come into the light." his eyes narrowed as he chuckled and leaned in closer, "Either I'm just that good or he has a score to settle. So, which one is it?"