Chapter Fifty-Seven: Set Up (Part 1)

(Aizawa's POV)

My alarm had gone off around 6 o'clock, waking me from my much needed nap. After shutting it off, I looked around. (Y/N) was nowhere in the living room with me.

Was she still getting ready?

I got up from the couch and headed towards her room, which had the door shut, and gently knocked.

"You okay in there?" I asked.

"Y-yup!" I heard her stutter through the door, "Just getting ready! I'll be out soon!"

She sounded flustered in there, and it made me all the more curious to find out why. Was she nervous about tonight, or what Nemuri got her? Either way, I didn't think bothering her would help. Not to mention, I needed to get ready myself.
My phone then buzzed, causing me to grab it out of my pocket and check. It was a message from Nemuri.

Nemuri Kayama:
Will be there shortly!
You guys almost ready?

Aizawa Shota:
Where are we going?

Nemuri Kayama:
Kyoto Kitcho.
Let me guess, you haven't
even started getting ready.

I rolled my eyes.

Aizawa Shota:
See you at 7.

I shut my phone off and headed into the bathroom to get cleaned up. If we were going to one of the most expensive restaurants in Japan, I knew I couldn't go looking as I usually did, which I hated. Anything that took effort into "cleaning up" my image was already too much of a hassle. I would've argued against going, but Nemuri hurried out before I could even get a word in. I wasn't even sure why she would pick that place to begin with. Any other venue we'd go to catch up was casual. Kitcho was the polar opposite. It was such an intimate space. Why pick that spot for all four of us? Was she trying to provoke something or was she just trying to push my buttons? What was she up to? I didn't trust it at all.

By the time I had finished getting washed up and cleaned, I headed out of the bathroom and to my room. (Y/N)'s bedroom door was still shut.

'What on earth is taking her so long?' I thought.

I slowly turned to my room and headed to the closet, sorting through what little I had for formal attire.
Thankfully, I had one suit that always worked out whenever I was in a pinch. I rarely ever wore it, which almost made me wonder why I even purchased it in the first place. But given I was now in a position to use it, it didn't seem all that irrational to have it.
I set the black suit on the bed and headed over to the dresser to grab an under shirt, tie, and various undergarments.
I checked the time again once I finally got dressed and fixed my hair up.
6:50PM.

"They should be here any minute now." I said to myself.

Sure enough, I heard rather enthusiastic knocks, prompting me to leave my room and head to the front door. Once I did, I saw both Hizashi and Nemuri in very formal attire, a sight I wasn't exactly used to seeing.

"Hope you don't mind us dropping by a little early." she mused as I opened the door wider to let them in. She was in a skin tight, dark navy gown that sparkled slightly in the light as she crossed me. Her hair was in a clean bun, which allowed the pearls on her neck to be on full display.
Hizashi followed right behind her, wearing a dark red suit and tie, a bold choice that matched his personality appropriately. His hair was slicked down into a low ponytail, which I had to admit was a refreshing change to his usual perakeet look.

"So, where's your date?" he asked as I shut the door.

I sighed.

"This is not a date, and she's still getting ready." I answered, already unamused by their antics.