Chapter Sixteen: Can't Help but Stare

(Aizawa's POV)

I shut the door to my room and leaned against it.

'So I don't look bad either way, huh?' I thought as my face softened and a smile formed on my lips.
'Good to know.'
I had to admit, there was something about her that had me fixated that I couldn't quite pinpoint. That bothered me.
What was it about her that I couldn't resist?
She was amusing to be around, that was certain. At bit stubborn, but not overly so. More in a playful way.

I liked that.

It was a bit off putting that she knew so much about me, at least at first. But, in an odd way, it was nice that I didn't need to explain anything to her about myself or my preferences. She just knew. At least there were some things she didn't know. I could still maintain some level of mystery.

Her beauty was simple. She didn't have to try.
She seemed...natural.
Even the things I bought her to wear looked great on her.

'After what Nemuri got her, I can't help but wonder what she looks like underneath...'

I tried to shake my thoughts away.

"Get it together." I mumbled to myself as I walked further into the dimly lit room, and took out a hair tie to get my hair out of my face.

Maybe training will get me out of my thoughts.

***

(Reader POV)

After a few moments, I heard his door open. When I looked up, I saw Aizawa with his hair up, in a black (somewhat) fitted shirt, and black gym pants, with his capture weapon in his hands.

I couldn't help but stare.

'Oh my god...' I thought, feeling my heart race, 'I can't handle seeing him with his hair up!'

He had a jawline so sharp, I swear it could cut glass. As much as his capture weapon amazed me, it was such a shame it covered his neck. Now I'm seeing it in all it's glory. His fitted shirt made me see hints of his chiseled chest as my heart continued to sputter about. Though his arms were still covered in bandages, seeing the outline of his defined arms made my knees weak. I could see more of his face, which was undeniable gorgeous...

"Are you going to keep staring, or shall we go?" he asked, deadpanned, as he crossed me and headed to the door.

Shit.

"Yeah!" I said, blinking quickly and following him, "Sorry, got lost in thought."

"Dare I even ask?" he said as he unlocked the door and opened it, gesturing me to go out first.

"Nah." I said, with a chuckle, "Besides, you couldn't handle the answer." I teased as he locked the door and started heading to the entrance door to the apartment complex.

I heard him hum as a response, with a slight hint of amusement, as we both walked outside.

"There's a lot I can handle, Miss Doe." he quipped as he looked at me with a bit of a grin, "You on the other hand, I'm not so sure."

A devilish smile spread across my face.

"You'd be surprised." I said under my breath.

"Hm?" he hummed, as he looked at me.

"Nothing." I said coyly, looking away.

After taking a 15 minute train to UA, we finally arrived to the main campus, where we were greeted by the giant security gate. After getting through with Aizawa's keycard, the iconic main building was standing right in front of me. It was bigger than I had expected. I mean, I've seen what it looks like a million times, but seeing in person was almost overwhelming.

"This way." he said, waiting for me to keep walking.

I followed him for another few minutes as we walked to the P.E. Grounds.

"Aizawa?" I asked, "Why have you been carrying your weapon instead of wearing it?"

"Well, for one thing, I'm not on duty." he answered as we kept walking, "I don't want to alarm anyone who knows me if they see me around the area. And because I'm still recovering from my injuries, I don't want to tempt the wrong people who do recognize me."

"Huh." I said, "Makes sense."

"If I'm not in my usual uniform, I look like any other person, which helps me blend in with you, and shielding you from any potential harm. And should harm come your way, I still have this in hand to protect you." he said.

Man, this guy is always prepared for anything.

"Plus, it's nice out." he added, much quieter, in an effort to make it hard for me to hear him.

I tried to hide my smile, knowing what I heard, but didn't respond, pretending I didn't hear him.

Finally, we reached the P.E. Grounds after a few more minutes.

"We won't stay for long," he said as we got closer, "Normally, I wouldn't be able to gage how long we'd be here, seeing has how I go for as long as needed. But given that I have a limit as to what I can do, I won't push it."

"Otherwise, I assume you'll get an earful from Recovery Girl." I replied.

He nodded.

"We'll probably be here for an hour. Two, at most." he said as we reached the door.

As he opened it, I saw the layout of the gym.

There were large building blocks of cement everywhere, with punching bags, and dummies in various areas. On one end of the gym, there was a single rope hanging from the ceiling. On the other, two, red aerial silks that hung about 30 feet in the air.

I looked at him in surprise.

"You had someone set up an aerial rig for me?" I asked.

He looked at me as he stood beside me.

"I had someone set it up while we were using the train. It wasn't a problem. I assume this will work just fine?" he asked.

I could feel my eyes begin to water as I looked from him to the silks.

"It's perfect, thank you!" I said.

He nodded again and proceeded forward, setting his capture weapon to the side as he began to take a lap around the gym.

'Well, better start warming up!'