Chapter Twenty-Three: But How Do You Feel?

We all walked to a room near the infirmary, one that I wasn't familiar with. It was dimly lit, and had windows surrounding it, with a bed and a rather large machine next to it.

"This is a polysomnogram." said Nezu as we walked in, "It will record your brain waves, the oxygen level in your blood, heart rate and breathing, as well as eye and leg movements during the test. Nemuri's quirk doesn't work nearly as well on women, but it should do enough to put you into a sleep so we can monitor you."

I started to sit myself on the bed, and Nezu crawled up and began to put the sensors on my body.

"Thankfully, the risks are low. At the very least, you could have minor skin irritation caused by the adhesive used to attach test sensors to your skin." he said as he continued to put the sensors on my forehead, temples, upper lip, neck, and finger.

"I will need to put two sensors on your chest. If you'd like to attach them yourself, that's fine." he said as he handed two little sensors to me.

I nodded and began to lift my shirt. Without hesitation, Hizashi and Aizawa both turned away to give me privacy.

'Such gentlemen.' I thought to myself with a smile.

Nezu showed me where to put them, and then hopped off the bed.

"Now, there'll be two belts on your waist to monitor your breath effort. It may be uncomfortable to get used to at first, but if it's unbearable, let us know. Nemuri, if you would be so kind." he asked, as Nemuri stepped in.

"Lie back, please." she said gently as she strapped the belts in.

"Great. Now just two more sensors on the legs, and we should be good to go!" announced Nezu.

"Nezu, I'm not going to lie, this is all a lot to take on." I said, starting to feel myself panic.

"No worries, kid!" interjected Hizashi, "you're taking this like a champ! Besides, we've all got you covered, so there's no need to lose your cool."

I looked from him to Aizawa, who looked concerned.

"If at any point you want out, say the words, and I'll stop this at once." he said, placing a hand on mine, "As I said before, I'm here."

Nezu then jumped to the controls of the machine and began to push multiple buttons, turning on the machine bit by bit.

"We're about ready! Gentlemen, if I could have you step out, please." he hollered.

And with that Hizashi began to exit, leaving Aizawa to slowly follow suit, letting his hand gently fall away from mine before leaving the room.

"Nemuri, when I leave the room, you may use your quirk." he said, pressing a few more buttons.

"You got it." she said, looking back at me.

Within a few moments, Nezu stopped and looked over at us with a smile.

"That should do it! I'll be right outside!" he said as he got down from the machine and walked out of the room.

I looked around, almost frantically, feeling like everything was closing in on me.

"It's alright. There's nothing to worry about. Just relax." she said reassuringly.

"Midnight, I-" I said.

"Please, call me Nemuri." she corrected.

"Nemuri, I'm afraid." I said, almost in a whisper, tears threatening to fall again.

She gave me a soft smile.

"With Aizawa watching over you, you have nothing to fear. He would put himself in harm's way before letting anything happen to you, I'm sure of it." she said.