Part 11

"Mac!" I practically shouted with joy as I yanked open the front door of Pam Stepnick's home. She was out and the boys were still asleep. So I had been making myself busy in the kitchen whipping up some breakfast. It was nice to be in Ohio, I felt so comfortable. In fact, I felt super comfortable just being in Pam's house.

This house had been a second home to me when I was growing up. Pam was more of a mother to me than my mom ever was. The doorbell had rung and standing in the door way was my childhood friend and first kiss, Mac. He lived in California with Logan, I wasn't expecting him to just pop in. I didn't even know he was coming home for Thanksgiving.

"Hey," He smiled broadly as I stepped forward to hug my scruffy friend.

"I didn't know you were coming home for Thanks Giving!" I said as I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him tight.

"Last minute decision." He chuckled.

"Come in! Do you want breakfast?" I said as I let him go and grabbed his arm and yanked him in to the house and closed the front door, not forgetting to flick the lock.

"If you're cooking." He chuckled as he followed me in to the kitchen. "The boys not up yet?" He asked curiously as he sat down at the kitchen table and I went back to the waffle mix that I was putting together.

"Nope, not yet." I shook my head.

"How are you doing?" He asked me curiously. "We live close to each other but we never really see each other." He said as I he picked up the cup of coffee I placed in front of him.

"I'm doing ok, I was a bit anxious on the way here, but now that I'm here, I'm actually pretty good." I told him and went back to mixing the waffle mix.

"That's good, you haven't heard from him or anything?" He asked curiously.

"I've been getting some calls from random numbers but I don't think it's him. I actually think it might be Charlotte." I hadn't even mentioned that to Jake or Logan, it had only been since we arrived in Ohio that it had started. I wasn't concerned if she showed up. I missed her.

I didn't think that I'd ever be able to forgive her for what she did to me or the fact that she let me think that she was my friend after what he did. I couldn't imagine how she had actually done it.

"What happened there?" He cocked an eyebrow.

"She slept with Brody while we were still together." I mumbled.

"What?" Mac's eyes widened in shock.

"I didn't find out until Logan mentioned it when he was helping me move." I frowned back at him. "I left without seeing her, she probably knows that I know but I blocked her on everything anyway." I explained as I poured the mix in to the waffle maker and closed the lid.

I grabbed my own coffee and went over to the table with Mac and we started talking about Charlotte. And then came the subject of Logan. Mac was on the front line in my childhood, he knew that Logan and I didn't get along when we were kids. He was the giver of many head slaps as teenagers. "So what's up with you and Logan?" He asked curiously.

"We're friends." I said simply.

"How did that even happen?" He asked curiously.

"On the drive to LA. It was unintentional. I was anxious, he helps." I shrugged my shoulders.

"Jake said that he likes to spoon you?" He cocked his eyebrow again and I laughed.

"He does, It's annoying." I lied. It's not annoying, it's nice. But it'd never ever admit that to anyone. It didn't happen often but when it did, when he came over to hang out and purposely drank too much so he couldn't drive was my favourite. We'd usually fall asleep on the couch watching movies.