Part 21

Todd: Are you ok? I just drove past your place

Todd: There's a for sale sign?

Phe: I'm fine...

Todd: are you sure?

Phe: I'm just moving house

Phe: not a big deal.

"Todd just texted me." I looked up from my make shift desk in the garage to see both Mike and Logan stop what they were doing with Hayden to turn around and look at me with a confused look. I hadn't heard from Todd at all since we had that massive fight at my house when I got back from Miami.

It had been two weeks.

"What does he want?" I saw the look of frustration from Logan. He clearly just wanted Todd to fuck off and he certainly wasn't quiet about it. Mike rolled his eyes at his best friend when he wasn't looking and then flashed me a stupid grin because he would never not be entertained with anything that involved me and Logan.

"He saw the for sale sign." I said.

"Unless he wants to buy your house, tell him to fuck off." Logan grunted and then turned back to Hayden and continued what he was doing. Mike continued to grin and then turned around as well. I waited until their backs were turned before I rolled my eyes and went back to work.

The past couple of weeks since I had discovered that Brody had definitely been in my house had been productive. It probably wasn't very healthy but I used the anger that I didn't know what to do with and made a decision to sell the little house that Jake had gifted me and try and find something that was a bit safer.

I had almost fallen over when the estate agent gave the estimate of how much my house was worth. And when I had recovered from the shock I drove all the to Jake's house to punch him. The three bedroom house he had purchased for me was ridiculously expensive and I wasn't ok with how much money he had spent on me. It would take me a life time to pay him back. He spilled the same speech as last time when he gave me to the deed to the house and this time offered to put in more money so I could get a nicer place. I punched him for that too.

"What cha working on?" I looked up and Mac had leaned his head over my shoulder to look at my computer screen. I hadn't been able to concentrate on working because there was currently an open house at my house. Selling my cute little cottage meant that I had to find a new place to live and that was making my head hurt. The places around Encino and Calabasas were ridiculously pricey and I had actually considered getting myself a loan so I could get a nice place with better security.

I was good with money. I'd been good with money since I was a teenager. I held multiple jobs when I was a kid to put my own food on the table and to buy myself clothes. I knew from a young age that I didn't want to struggle like my mom. I saved at least 30% of what I was earning from my babysitting and editing jobs and was able to get myself through until I moved out. When I moved in with Pam, she never once made me pay rent. She told me I was to keep the money I made, to set myself up for when I was ready to move out on my own. Pam was more of a mother to me than my mother had ever been.

I'd invested almost $20,000 in to stocks a few years ago and I'd made a hell of a lot of money on that. I had even considered taking it out so I wouldn't need to get a loan if I found the right house. My upbringing had taught me that I shouldn't expect anyone to look after me, not financially.

"I'm just looking at houses." I answered and smiled up at Mac.

"There's an open house on that one." Mac said and pointed at the house at the bottom of the list on my screen. "You should go check it out." He said brightly.