Part 12

We got to the front of the restaurant without either person noticing me, however Brody noticed Mac and called out to him. "Mac!" My heart stopped but Mac didn't stop walking, he just pulled me out of the restaurant and walked me over to Logan's car.

"Fuck, I forgot the key." He muttered to himself. "C'mon, let just go for a walk around the block." He said softly and tugged on my hand and pulled me away from the car and down the street and quickly around a corner. We slipped in to a store that sold home hardwares and he twisted and turned through the store until we got to the back of the store and found a little garden bench for me to sit on. "You good?" He crouched down in front of me and put his hand on my knee.

I looked up at him and blinked and before I could even process the concerned look he was giving me I just burst in to tears. It was unlikely he had even seen me, I had been on the left side of Mac and he had pretty much power walked out of the restaurant.

"You're ok," He murmured as he stood back up and pulled me back off the garden bench and pulled me to his chest and ran his hands up and down my back as I tried to remember how to breathe.

As my mental capacity returned I couldn't quite figure out what had shocked me the most about that whole situation. The fact that my once best friend was sitting at a table with my abusive ex-boyfriend or if it was actually seeing said abusive ex-boyfriend. Both were shocking to me. I knew there was a chance that I would see him while we were here, however I didn't even consider that I would see him with Charlotte.

Group chat:

Jake: where are you?

Jake: We need to go

Mac: We're in the hardware store around the corner

Logan: Is Phe ok?

Jake: we're on the way

Mac: we're heading out the front now

Logan: is Phe ok?

Mac: Phe needs a hug, but she's ok

Mac: we're coming out now

"Sophie!" The minute we walked out of the hardware store the was a shout from across the street and immediately after a car horn blared as my ex best friend ran across the street. I stopped walking and Mac let go of my hand and I stared at her. "Sophie!" She shouted again as she high tailed her way over to me. She had spotted Logan's Yeti coming down the street and now she was moving faster. "Please talk to me." She said as she rushed over to me and enveloped me into a hug.

"Get off me." I looked around to see if I could see Brody first and then I pushed her off me as the anger I had been holding inside for months came out.

"What's wrong?" She said as she stumbled backwards.

"Oh that's cute." I sneered as Logan pulled up by the curb, Jake was out of the car first and Logan followed quickly. "It's like you don't know that I know what you did." I snapped as Jake stood beside me and tried to take my hand to pull me away. I was too far gone and now all of my anxiety had washed away and all I needed to make myself feel better was to let loose on Charlotte and tell her exactly what kind of person she was.

"It's not what you think!" She stumbled over her words.

"Oh, really? So you didn't fuck my boyfriend and then let me think that you were my friend after he beat the shit out of me? You didn't fuck my boyfriend and then listen to me tell you how he was treating me? You didn't give me advice on how to get out safely while you were fucking my boyfriend did you? Tell me what it really is, then! I'm listening." I was beyond angry now and if Mac and Logan hadn't put a hand each on my shoulder I probably would have slapped her.