Part 20

My new found determination didn't wash away over night and seemed to be something that I was set on doing. When I woke up in the morning, Logan was hugging me and Fish was sitting directly in front of my face staring at me patiently. That was a nice way to wake up. Being hugged by Logan and the cutest puppy I've ever laid my eyes on, waiting for me to wake up.

I got up and went downstairs and took all the dogs outside with me. They stayed outside while I got their food ready and after I fed them I took my freshly brewed coffee and my phone and I googled therapists in the area. I was called a few placed but there was only one place where that could fit me in straight away. So I booked in to see her in the afternoon and went about my morning.

Logan didn't come downstairs for ages so the first person I saw that morning was Mac. I wanted to ask him what was going on, because it was pretty clear to me that he knew something. If Logan didn't want me to know something then he wouldn't go to Mike, he'd go to Mac. And if it was about me, he would definitely go to Mac, because despite how close Mike and I had become. Mac knew me better.

"Maclin," I said with determination as I got off chair I was sitting on and followed him in to the kitchen.He grunted loudly and threw a hand up in the air as a good morning and hadn't noticed that I had followed him. "You know something." I said as he poured himself a coffee and turned around to look at me.

"Do I?" It was too early in the morning, but I knew he wasn't awake enough, he would have smirked.

"I think you do anyway." I said.

"What do you think I know?" He furrowed his eyebrows at me with a confused look.

"I don't know, I just know that you know something. Something that Mike doesn't know, because he hasn't told me." I announced and pulled myself up on to the bench and watched his body language to see if he was gonna get awkward.

"Oh..." He said. "Well, I mean, I know a lot of things." He shrugged his shoulders and sipped on his coffee.

"It's something to do with why Logan was weird while we were in Miami." I said. I wondered if he did even know what was up with Logan while we were in Miami and if I should even be asking him.

"Oh!" He chuckled. "Yeah, I know." He said with a mischievous grin on his face.

"Can you tell me?" I tilted my head to the side as I watched the gears turn in my scruffy friends brain.

"I could, but Logan will probably castrate me." He snorted.

"Is it bad?"

"No! Fuck no, it's not bad." He all but shouted. "It's actually pretty great. I'm almost positive you'll be really happy when he tells you." He chuckled and looked at me curiously. "Do you wanna go out for breakfast?" He asked.

"Sure." I nodded my head and finished my coffee. "I'll just shower." I told him and jumped off the counter and went upstairs to have a shower and get ready. When I came out of the bathroom Logan was sitting up in my bed and looked at me curiously.

"Where you going?" He asked.

"Breakfast with Mac." I said brightly.

"Oh really?" He cocked an eyebrow suspiciously, but I'm sure he was more suspicious with Mac then he was with me. I hadn't let on that I had a feeling that Mac knew why he'd been weird while we were in Miami. And I'd got a partial answer, so I didn't really feel the need to press any harder. It was supposed to make me happy, which was far better than something that would piss me off. I was happy with the partial explanation and decided I would probably leave it at that.

"Yeah, do you wanna come?" I asked as I sat on the end of the bed and pulled on a pair of white converse.

"Naw, it's ok. I gotta make some calls and see if I can find someone to go through your house." He said as he ran his fingers through his hair. "After I go and interrogate Mac." He muttered mostly to himself.