Part 22

"Have you been talking to Mac?" I tilted my head curiously at my best friend who was currently tossing shoes from the bottom of my closet and barely getting any in to the box he had set up across the room. I knew he had been talking to Mac, because they had both been pestering me about Logan and how I felt.

I knew there was something there, but it was too soon to even try. It had been almost a month since I had bought the house and it was time to pack up and head to the new house which I was super excited about. It was about a week away before I got the keys but I wanted to get a move on with the packing so I didn't have to rush once I got the keys.

"Yeah, why?" He asked as he looked over his shoulder and tossed another heel across the room. It didn't even make it in to the box or anywhere near it to be honest. He grinned at me lopsidedly and turned back around.

"You've both been pestering me about Logan." I said as I pulled a drawer of clothes out and dumped it on my bed. I thought now was a good time to cull some clothes and donate them to good will.

"I'm just curious about how you feel, is all. We all know how he feels." He replied. "Is it bothering you?" He asked.

"Not particularly, I just wondered if you two had some sort of plan of attack. I know it annoys you." I told him.

I knew that Jake would be ok if something did happen with Logan, he'd had enough time to adjust to me and Logan being friends. He'd always insisted that Logan was in love with me anyway. I got the feeling that he'd come around to the idea of Logan and I being together at some point.

"It annoys me that he hasn't done anything about it." He stated. "He's basically gone celibate, you're literally all he ever talks about if you're not in the room. It's bordering a fucking obsession. I don't even mind that you guys are probably gonna get together at some point, I just wish he'd make it clear instead of beating around the bush." He explained as he cleared the last of my shoes from the bottom of the closet and got off the floor and started gathering the misplaced shoes and tossing them in to the moving box where they were supposed to go in the first place.

"I'm not ready, he knows that." I said calmly.

"We all know you're not ready. It just annoys me that he hasn't even told you how he feels. Like he just hovers and gets broody when anyone else shows you the tiniest bit of affection." He grunted.

"He even gets jealous of you." I laughed.

"Remember when it was the other way around and I was allowed to hug you and it was weird if he did?" Jake sighed.

"You'll always be my favourite." I grinned at him.

He chuckled, "Yeah, until you have his babies." He rolled his eyes.

I scoffed loudly. "You'd be the best uncle ever!" I giggled. "Uncle Jakey." I stopped what I was doing and walked over to him and he growled at me.

"You'd be the cutest mommy." He chuckled and pulled me in to a hug. The bedroom door was closed so I wasn't even that worried about Logan seeing me hug his brother or his broody mood after he did see it. "I know you like him, but do you like him as much as he likes you?" He mumbled in to my neck as he hugged me.

"I'm coming around to the idea." I smiled. "It's weird right?" I laughed and pulled away so I could look at him.

"It's so fucking weird. It's hard to go from fifteen years of punching him for being such a dick, to punching him for not taking you on a date." He chuckled.

"He's dumb in other aspects, but this one I think he'll know when the right time is." I smiled softly at my bestie and pulled away and went back to sorting through my clothes.