Part 16

Unknown: Sophie. You've been ignoring me.

Unknown: that is unacceptable.

Unknown: that's a nice house Jake got you.

Unknown: And the dog you got from Logan. Very cute.

Unknown: we need to talk.

Unknown: answer your phone.

Unknown: maybe you think someone is pranking you. Well, I assure you, they are not.

Unknown: you've never told anyone about the time I threatened you with that knife...

Unknown: you know the one. The one we kept in the drawer underneath the cutlery.

Unknown: answer your phone, Sophie.

I was balled up in a corner of my bathroom with Thor and Fish two weeks after my last confrontation with Logan. I'd been receiving calls from an unknown number since Thanksgiving and they hadn't stopped, The calls had now turned to texts and they had come all at once, in-between some phone calls. I was petrified that Brody was standing outside my house. The minute my legs moved I locked all the doors and barricaded myself in the bathroom with the puppies.

I called Logan, he didn't answer. So I called Jake, he also didn't answer. So I sent Logan a text.

Phe: I need you.

Logan: I'm busy

Phe: I think Brody is here.

Logan: Omw, lock you doors and hide somewhere safe.

I honestly didn't think he would come. And while I was waiting my phone rang and Jake was on the other end. He could immediately tell something was up. "What's wrong?"

"I think Brody knows where I live." I sniffed in to the phone.

"What? Are you ok? Where are you?" I desperately wanted one of his hugs. I was shaking with fear, even if Brody wasn't near my house he knew what was going on in my life. And that wasn't ok.

"I'm locked in the bathroom with the dogs." I croaked. "He's been sending me messages for the past half hour."

"Have you called Logan?" He asked.

"He's on his way."

"Good. I know you're scared, but it's gonna be ok. If he hasn't tried to come in the house it's likely he's not even there. I wish I could come to you," He sighed. He was training for his boxing thing and he wasn't close by.

"It's ok, boxing is important to you. I can't ask you to never do the things you want to do because of him."

"Have you called the cops?" He asked.

"No, do you think I should?"

"Definitely. Call them, let them know what's going on and then call me back." He said calmly. "Love you,"

"I love you too," I sighed and ended the call and called the police. I wasn't even sure if there was anything that they could do. The first few texts I had received had made me nervous but I wasn't too concerned. It was when he told me about the knife that I knew it was him. I hadn't breathed that story to a single soul, not even Charlotte knew about that one.

I spoke the the police for a few minutes and they agreed to send someone out to speak to me in person and get Brody's details and look at the texts that he had sent me. So I called Jake back and explained to him what was happened and spent the last few minutes on the phone to him before Logan arrived. "Keep me updated."