Chapter 18: Defying the Alpha

WARNING: Not a FULL chapter!

Riley couldn’t eat or sleep that night, too much was on her mind. As she lay in her bed alone attempting to do her best with sleeping, she knew the only way to put her mind at ease was to talk with the only one who really knew the truth, as Riley let her walls down she searched for her mother.

“mom?” silence was on the other end, maybe her mom was sleeping and Riley would just have to wait until morning.

“great.” She thought, and just as her walls started to build, Riley felt her mother’s wall open.

“Riley sweetie, is everything ok?” Riley could tell that she had woken her mom in a panic.

“yeah mom, I mean kind of” Riley paused and realized she really should have thought about what she needed to say to her mother exactly before she got a hold of her. “Physically I am ok, emotionally, I’m a little at a loss.”

“Riley what is it, have you made a decision on who will be the next Alpha?” Riley was baffled at that question, did her mother honestly think she could choose.

“No, mom…. I just have some questions.”

“Oh, alright.”

“Mom why have I never heard of my grandfather Levi?”

She felt her mother pull back, and took her silence as a shock, but her mother would never lie to her, so Riley waited for her to respond.   “He was band from our pack sweetie, we were not to even acknowledge his existence.”

 “But why when you found out I had two mates would you not tell me about him?”

“Because then you would feel that is decision might be an option for you, and it’s not sweetie, you can’t be like him, you have to choose, and not just for you, but for our pack.”

“You should have told me, anyways mom. I have every right to know.”

“Sweetie, that life isn’t for you. Nothing good would have come from knowing, even now, if you know why he was band then you know nothing good will come from knowing.”

Riley understood why her mother had kept this from her, but that didn’t mean that she agreed with what she was saying.

“Where can I find him?”

“Riley I am not telling you, and I need you to know that it is for your own good.” Her mother sounded more panicked then anything.

“Mom I need to meet him, I need to meet his mates, I have so many questions.”

“Riley I am not going to tell you, and I’ll do you one better, I won’t even tell your father that you asked. That is the end of this discussion.”

Riley felt her mother’s hint of Alpha leaking out with the last order, but Riley was on a mission for her mates and nothing was going to stop her. She felt her mother’s walls building, and Riley knew it was now or never.

Riley pushed through her mother’s wall, peering through her mind trying to find the information that she was seeking, Riley’s mom was caught off guard and once she caught on started pushing back. “Riley you stop right now, why do you want this so badly?”

Riley felt her mother pushing even harder, and even sneaking into Riley’s mind.

It was a battle of minds, and Riley knew exactly how the Alpha’s mind worked, she knew that she had to hide the previous night from her mother, and she knew she needed to unblock the location of Levi from her mother. Inch by inch Riley knew she was getting closer to her answer, but she felt her mother getting closer as well, all while her mother was telling her to stop this.

Riley felt her mother and her equally matched in the battle of brains, Riley knew that one last push would free her mother into knowing all, Riley needed to push her mothers wall down before her mother could push down hers. And with all the strength she could muster, Riley Pushed and opened her mothers memories of her grandfather Levi were they live the conversations they’ve shared, and were to find them. Right when Riley retrieved the information she felt her mother push her out, with a strong thrust, that made Riley hit her head on the headboard of her bed, she knew it was the same force she used on her mother to break down that last wall. The only difference was she wasn’t able to break through Riley’s.

“You’re in love with both of them aren’t you?” Riley could tell that her mother was extremely tired from the last push.

“Yes.” Riley said softly.

“This isn’t going to help you sweetie, there is nothing you can do but choose.”

“I can’t.”

“You can and you will, just don’t let them get comfortable and you don’t get comfortable with the idea, one of them will get jealous of the other, and you don’t want brothers to fight.”

“They won’t mom, everything is perfect they are perfect.”

“When you mate they will, I swear to you sweetie this if for your own good, don’t go to meet Levi.”

“They aren’t jealous mom, and I’m going. I have too many questions not to.”

Riley felt her mother become upset at that statement, and Riley realized that her mother just might have read between the lines. “Riley you do not mate with those boys do you understand you do not go see Levi, and that is an order!”

There it was, Riley felt her wolf submitting to the direct order from her Alpha mother.

##########

Im back and currently working on this chapter just thought i'd let you know what i have started. Check back with this chapter later this week or next and i'll have fiished it.